News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Dark Side of Discord

Started by D351, October 02, 2015, 01:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2015, 03:52:33 AM

Is there anything about this Brother Nihil worth looking at? The giant RHWN thread is sitting in an open window for now.

Brother Nihil preaches "dark cathedral"/black pill shit.  Men's freedoms are lessened when women and Those People have rights.  A man cannot be truly liberated unless he lives in a fascist state, women are property, and Those People are bused off to whatever is waiting for them behind the concertina wire fence.

I am not exaggerating.

That sounds like a very distinct philosophy than the one described in that review (I know you're on about a different author now, but supposedly you're atill talking about the same philosophy). The philosophy in the review sounded like it was less about reactionary men's rights activism than it was about manipulating reactionary men's rights activists and radical feminists into openly attacking each other and possibly mutually exterminating each other with physical violence. Maybe with a touch of the Joker thrown in for good measure. Now, while the fact that the most apt thing I could think of to compare it too is a villain from a superhero film shows that this philosophy probably has more than a few issues, but they don't seem to be the issues you all have bin describing.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on October 07, 2015, 06:37:46 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 02, 2015, 05:17:44 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2015, 03:52:33 AM

Is there anything about this Brother Nihil worth looking at? The giant RHWN thread is sitting in an open window for now.

Brother Nihil preaches "dark cathedral"/black pill shit.  Men's freedoms are lessened when women and Those People have rights.  A man cannot be truly liberated unless he lives in a fascist state, women are property, and Those People are bused off to whatever is waiting for them behind the concertina wire fence.

I am not exaggerating.

That sounds like a very distinct philosophy than the one described in that review (I know you're on about a different author now, but supposedly you're atill talking about the same philosophy). The philosophy in the review sounded like it was less about reactionary men's rights activism than it was about manipulating reactionary men's rights activists and radical feminists into openly attacking each other and possibly mutually exterminating each other with physical violence. Maybe with a touch of the Joker thrown in for good measure. Now, while the fact that the most apt thing I could think of to compare it too is a villain from a superhero film shows that this philosophy probably has more than a few issues, but they don't seem to be the issues you all have bin describing.

You should probably read the pages on Amazon if you haven't already. I don't think it's a mistake that all the "pill" examples are men.

Cain

There's a strong overlap between the Red Pill and NRx.  Not every Neoreactionary thinks of them in the same way of course, but some see the Red Pill as a useful recruiting ground and wedge strategy, starting out with antifeminism in order to move into broader antiegalitarian thought.

Of course, the Red Pillers are pathetic losers, and I think only the most rabid or oblivious neoreactionaries could fail to notice that. 

Meunster

Pills are a shitty meme. Also if you're a neo reactionary and aren't iron pill. Then wtf are you doing?

Also why doesn't discordianism get more crazies? It over laps into almost everything and can be twisted into almost anything.
Poe's law ;)

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Meunster on October 07, 2015, 04:56:52 PM
Pills are a shitty meme. Also if you're a neo reactionary and aren't iron pill. Then wtf are you doing?

Also why doesn't discordianism get more crazies? It over laps into almost everything and can be twisted into almost anything.

Because we relentlessly shit on them?

:notnice:

Meunster

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 07, 2015, 05:13:42 PM

And ourselves tbh.
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 07, 2015, 05:59:25 PM

And ourselves tbh.

That's the part that keeps me coming back.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 09, 2015, 02:18:50 AM

And ourselves tbh.

what are you, a masochist?
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on October 09, 2015, 03:03:32 AM

And ourselves tbh.

Oh, no, no. You misunderstand. I'm the other thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 09, 2015, 05:08:26 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 09, 2015, 03:03:32 AM

And ourselves tbh.

Oh, no, no. You misunderstand. I'm the other thing.

a capitalist?
Poe's law ;)

The Good Reverend Roger

Search "Luke Magnotta".

We get our share.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

This could have been prevented if the chapter on pills hadn't been cut from "Arise"
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago