News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Explaining eris

Started by roy howard, January 23, 2015, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 23, 2015, 03:22:21 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2015, 03:17:31 PM
I always liked how Homer completely glossed over Eris having three arms.

I only just noticed that, myself.

Naw man shit had gone different. Dead guy was on a rope. Fool rode past and tried to lasso her off her feet but had rope around his waste thinking that would help. It broke him in half cuz she didn't budge and the horse was at full tilt.  Fuckin historical poets.  Always skimping on the deets.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

You're all forgetting Eris became very tall during carnage. Somewhere he says she starts off very small and by the time the fighting is over her head brushes the clouds... it something.

She could be holding the first two in one hand.

And to the OP, I've mostly stopped trying the explain it to other people, but if i did, it would be close to how Emo Howard explains it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

I sure as hell would NEVER explain it like Roy Howard did. Ever.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman