News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Dating someone who is depressed.

Started by The Johnny, January 19, 2015, 11:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I do not want this to sound dismissive... you have more training in psychology than I do, and most likely from a better university as well. So I trust that you will take from this any useful nugget and disregard what is inapplicable.

It sounds as if you are infatuated. I say this because you minimize obstructions and amplify points of connection, significance, and show signs of dismissing discouraging signaling in favor of making room for hope of a stronger connection than may exist.

I am only saying this because I hope you will be careful with yourself, and perhaps not put too much emotional weight on what sound like ambiguous/discouraging signals.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."