News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Some guy joined the army after 9/11 and ended up shooting a bunch of people in Iraq (because of reasons).  Clint Eastwood made a film about it, with his usual subtle and nuanced approach to political issues.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 06:27:46 PM
Some guy joined the army after 9/11 and ended up shooting a bunch of people in Iraq (because of reasons).  Clint Eastwood made a film about it, with his usual subtle and nuanced approach to political issues.

:lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Sadly there is no scene where Chris Kyle talks to an empty chair.  Though Kyle did claim he beat the shit out of Jesse Ventura, a claim that was subsequently proven false (in a court of law, no less.  Defamation suits are very hard to win in the US, but Ventura did so).

He also voiced a whole bunch of unsavoury opinions about Iraqis and basically said it was fun to torment them.

Demolition Squid

Grandfather update!

He's surprised the doctors by making an impressive recovery in the past few days. Apparently they rate these things on a scale of 0-15 and he was at a 5. He is now at a 10! My parents saw him today and he responded to their questions with blinks. He also seemed to smile when my mum said that she'd be back to see him next weekend... and she's convinced he was glaring at my grandmother when she moved into his line of sight. I'm a bit loathe to read too much into that, but...

Either way, really good news. He's made it past 7 days. At 10 days, the doctors plan for the next month. He's definitely not out of the woods yet, but given I was expecting him to be gone by today, I'm really hopeful. Especially since - according to my parents at least - he seemed very aware and quite coherent (my dad noticed he seemed to be trying to push himself up into a sitting position and asked if that's what he wanted, and he blinked for yes).

It is far too early to have any great expectations, but it is hard not to. Either way, I'm hoping to go up and see him next weekend. We're getting together an electronic photoframe to load with pictures from past holidays/events and a radio/cd player with headphones so we can hopefully give him something to concentrate on when we're not there.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on January 24, 2015, 09:27:33 PM
Grandfather update!

He's surprised the doctors by making an impressive recovery in the past few days. Apparently they rate these things on a scale of 0-15 and he was at a 5. He is now at a 10! My parents saw him today and he responded to their questions with blinks. He also seemed to smile when my mum said that she'd be back to see him next weekend... and she's convinced he was glaring at my grandmother when she moved into his line of sight. I'm a bit loathe to read too much into that, but...

Either way, really good news. He's made it past 7 days. At 10 days, the doctors plan for the next month. He's definitely not out of the woods yet, but given I was expecting him to be gone by today, I'm really hopeful. Especially since - according to my parents at least - he seemed very aware and quite coherent (my dad noticed he seemed to be trying to push himself up into a sitting position and asked if that's what he wanted, and he blinked for yes).

It is far too early to have any great expectations, but it is hard not to. Either way, I'm hoping to go up and see him next weekend. We're getting together an electronic photoframe to load with pictures from past holidays/events and a radio/cd player with headphones so we can hopefully give him something to concentrate on when we're not there.

Oh, that is great to hear!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 08:09:41 PM
Sadly there is no scene where Chris Kyle talks to an empty chair.  Though Kyle did claim he beat the shit out of Jesse Ventura, a claim that was subsequently proven false (in a court of law, no less.  Defamation suits are very hard to win in the US, but Ventura did so).

He also voiced a whole bunch of unsavoury opinions about Iraqis and basically said it was fun to torment them.

Well that's... icky.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

That's great news, Demosquid!

In other news, I am reacquainting myself with the dubious joys of online takeaway ordering in London.  BURGERS, FUCK YEAH!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 11:38:29 PM

In other news, I am reacquainting myself with the dubious joys of online takeaway ordering in London.  BURGERS, FUCK YEAH!

Mmmm, burgers!

The  last burger I had was one of those horrifying yet wonderful 2-for-$2 McDonald's cheeseburgers. America, fuck yeah!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unrelated; I love it when people ask if you'll be home at a certain time so they can come pick something up, and two hours later they haven't arrived and it's too fucking late to go run the errands you meant to run today.

It's my fucking favorite.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well shit, I think I'm coming down with something.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 24, 2015, 11:53:18 PM

Mmmm, burgers!

The  last burger I had was one of those horrifying yet wonderful 2-for-$2 McDonald's cheeseburgers. America, fuck yeah!

Sheep, Gluten destroys lives!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Metal Bear on January 25, 2015, 04:34:07 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 24, 2015, 11:53:18 PM

Mmmm, burgers!

Sheep, Gluten destroys lives!

I am fairly certain that most people don't even know what gluten is.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 24, 2015, 06:07:09 PM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on January 24, 2015, 06:00:42 PM
What the hell is American Sniper and why am I supposed to be mad about it?

Never heard of it.

It's basically Clint Eastwood throwing Grand Torino out the window and dipping his reputation in a bucket of used condoms.

Sort of like Frank Miller.

Anyway, it's about a guy who was good at being a sniper, terrible about being a human, and got shot on his own range back in the states by some guy that was also using the range.  I never heard what the end result was with respect to exactly what happened, because I didn't care.

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, if you're choosing to make a movie about a secret society that's supposed to protect the world from itself... and you set your movie in the country that built a huge empire for white people on the backs of brown folks and is still struggling with the fallout from that imperial era, and some of the ongoing sources of global conflict are a direct result of being dicks to the brown people who lived in one of your colonies... and you cast Samuel L Jackson as your villain... maybe you might want to cast at least one black kid as someone training for that secret society? Maybe?

President Television

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 25, 2015, 07:36:33 AM
So, if you're choosing to make a movie about a secret society that's supposed to protect the world from itself... and you set your movie in the country that built a huge empire for white people on the backs of brown folks and is still struggling with the fallout from that imperial era, and some of the ongoing sources of global conflict are a direct result of being dicks to the brown people who lived in one of your colonies... and you cast Samuel L Jackson as your villain... maybe you might want to cast at least one black kid as someone training for that secret society? Maybe?

What movie is this?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.