News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

PEOPLE WITH THIS MILD CONNECTIVE TISSUE DEFICIENCY ARE GOING UNDIAGNOSED, OMG FAILURE OF MODERN MEDICINE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And what the fuck even with the out-of-left-field "I would rather die with my faculties intact than undergo chemo for cancer"? What the hell pack of lies did she swallow? Yeah, chemo CAN be hard on the system, and you CAN end up with cognitive damage with certain types of intensive chemo... but chemotherapy specifically attacks rapidly-dividing cells, and neurons are pretty much the exact opposite of that (which is why brain damage takes so long to recover from).
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:11:42 PM
That thread on my wall is kind of a clusterfuck.

I am interested in how people come out of the woodwork to make it all about themselves.

WELL, THE ANECDOTES HAVE CONVINCED ME!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2015, 12:53:42 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 12:43:08 PM
Unrelated-to-anything: I fucked my back up hoisting a big stupid bag of dog food from the car yesterday.

It's my lower back, which I have never injured before.

I'm assuming it's a torn muscle or something, and that a week of relative rest will heal it. I hope, otherwise my trip will be extra fun, especially the sleeping-on-hard-ground part.

Ouch.  Those always suck.

Yeah, I'm not excited about it. It's not too bad, but it makes it hard to put socks on.

The day before I moved to Arizona, I fell down the back stairs of the house I had been renting.  Right down those uncarpeted bastards, with my tailbone striking each and every riser on th way down.

Then 3 days of driving on a rental truck bench seat. 
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2015, 01:17:16 PM

I am interested in how people come out of the woodwork to make it all about themselves.

:lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2015, 01:18:49 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:10:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2015, 12:53:42 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 12:43:08 PM
Unrelated-to-anything: I fucked my back up hoisting a big stupid bag of dog food from the car yesterday.

It's my lower back, which I have never injured before.

I'm assuming it's a torn muscle or something, and that a week of relative rest will heal it. I hope, otherwise my trip will be extra fun, especially the sleeping-on-hard-ground part.

Ouch.  Those always suck.

Yeah, I'm not excited about it. It's not too bad, but it makes it hard to put socks on.

The day before I moved to Arizona, I fell down the back stairs of the house I had been renting.  Right down those uncarpeted bastards, with my tailbone striking each and every riser on th way down.

Then 3 days of driving on a rental truck bench seat.

Oh god fucking damn.  :aaa:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:24:03 PM

I will never understand that shit.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Already two people have told me that I should "lift with my knees, not with my back". Thanks assholes, that's really helpful. Also, completely inapplicable given that the damage occurred after it was on my shoulder, when I gave it one of those perfectly natural little bounces to readjust (you know the kind I mean; the little bounce you've been doing all your life to get a shoulder load adjusted just so) and  my lower back went "NOPE!".

Demolition Squid

I don't know a thing about the facebook discussion but I'm going to take this as an excuse to share a Moment of Wonder.

This should clear up any and all queries about medicines.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 09, 2015, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:24:03 PM

I will never understand that shit.

I understand it. Lulu went to some bullshit "EastWest College of Midwifery" where they teach alternative  medicines and foster a mistrust of traditional medicine, along with holding "Natural practitioners" in elevated esteem.

For her, it's more than just information. It's sunk costs. She has both an emotional and a material investment in maintaining her faith in "natural medicine".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 09, 2015, 01:27:34 PM
Already two people have told me that I should "lift with my knees, not with my back".

Hit them with your elbow, not your fist.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on March 09, 2015, 01:28:52 PM
I don't know a thing about the facebook discussion but I'm going to take this as an excuse to share a Moment of Wonder.

This should clear up any and all queries about medicines.

:lulz: That was well-worth three minutes of my morning.

Demolition Squid

I'm also starting to think I should look for other work.

I really like my bosses, but I've noticed that every time it comes around to discussing my contract, they ramp up the pressure and imply they are unhappy with my performance. If nothing else, it'd be useful to be able to go into the review with a job offer somewhere else under my belt.

I'm also a little disillusioned in that promised training and more interesting work has failed to materialize. Part of this is because they've decided to change the sort of work the business is going for, but I need to make it clear to them that I'm not interested in doing data entry 9-5 indefinitely. Because... I'm not.

This is a difficult one for me because I do really like the guys I'm working with and there's some sweet benefits - working from home 3/5 days is very pleasant... but the money is bad, and I'm starting to feel like I'm being played, which is never a good sign.

Still, given I jumped into this expecting two weeks work and it has been seven months I still feel like I came out ahead.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho