OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

The kids have no school tomorrow. This marks the 6th weekday in a row with no school, and I know none of us are going to adjust to getting up at normal hours well when it finally happens again.

We have been doing a shitton of cleaning, and tomorrow is disassemble and reassemble beds day. Maybe by Wednesday or Thursday we can get all the various bags of trash, clothes, toys, and bottle returns off where they belong instead of all over my damn house.

I hate playing grownups.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on February 03, 2015, 01:50:20 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2015, 01:46:32 AM
In Phoenix.  In a pretty expensive hotel.

Toilet doesn't work.  It's been running non-stop since I flung holiness into it.

Sounds like the toilet's working fine. I can't think of anything that wouldn't run if you tried that on it.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So at some point before I leave tomorrow morning I have to record a presentation and upload it to Youtube.

LOL

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I heard that everyone else is voicing over their Powerpoint. I don't even know HOW to do that. It's just gonna be me talking to the camera, damn well better be good enough dammit.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 03, 2015, 06:22:41 AM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on February 03, 2015, 04:00:17 AM
its a shit game, grownups.

Pretty much not a fun game at all in most ways.

I disagree.

My adulthood has been far more fun than my childhood was.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2015, 06:44:56 AM

I disagree.

You spend a lot of time playing better games than grownups. Like toilet warcrimes.

Chelagoras The Boulder

by far the most hilarious kind of war crime.

not that there's a lot of stiff competition in that regard.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 03, 2015, 07:08:34 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 03, 2015, 06:44:56 AM

I disagree.

You spend a lot of time playing better games than grownups. Like toilet warcrimes.

JESUS H CHRIST IS IT ILLEGAL TO EXPEL MANLY TURDS NOW?  I am Doktor Howl, America's finest lover, and I do NOT take tiny craps like a hamster.  I take caveman craps, like all GOOD Americans.  If this offends the wimps that call themselves "plumbers" these days, I can hardly be held accountable.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 03, 2015, 06:24:48 AM
I heard that everyone else is voicing over their Powerpoint. I don't even know HOW to do that. It's just gonna be me talking to the camera, damn well better be good enough dammit.

It's easy, but boring.  Most graphic cards for computers nowadays come with built in recording capabilities.  You open the card manager, turn on the recorder, turn on the desktop capture function and go.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2015, 11:37:13 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 03, 2015, 06:24:48 AM

It's easy, but boring.  Most graphic cards for computers nowadays come with built in recording capabilities.  You open the card manager, turn on the recorder, turn on the desktop capture function and go.

I'm pretty determined to go the "talking to the camera" route at this point, if only because everyone I've mentioned it to is horrified at the idea of actually being ON CAMERA. I don't see what's so terrifying about it, presenting live is much worse.

Cain

Yeah, that's what I meant by boring.  Anyone can record themselves with a mic and desktop capture card (see: all my Youtube videos), it's nothing special and doesn't make a presentation stand out.

I just thought I'd mention it, in case you wanted to know in the future.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh good, my son has taken my webcam AND my microphone to his dad's house. Well, it's not like that completely fucks me over or anything.

LMNO

[unsolicited]

Would a smartphone work?

[/unsolicited]