News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Jezebel magazine and Mean-Girl Feminism

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 08, 2015, 06:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 28, 2015, 02:36:32 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 27, 2015, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 27, 2015, 10:55:03 PM
Quote from: Meunster on July 27, 2015, 10:50:04 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 27, 2015, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: Meunster on July 27, 2015, 09:55:57 PM
What kind of bitch gets a email sent to them, published it then makes fun of it?

What kind of person self describes themselves as a hardworking, good-hearted, socially conscious lesbian?

What kind of person thinks that strippers are so brave, strong, and talented?

What kind of person thinks other people even care?

Wha?

The person in the story has a high opinion of strippers

Why shouldn't they?

More importantly, why did you focus on the stripper line when Meunster seems to think lesbians can't be good people?

I also noticed the "what kind of bitch" thing.

Missed that on the first couple readthroughs. So much bad in such a compact package!

hooplala

He's a pretty unpleasant fellow, from what I can see.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on July 27, 2015, 05:48:32 PM
Via Cracked I came across this little gem regarding a Jezebel writer and tattoos: https://www.inkedmag.com/cant-get-fucking-neck-tattoo-jane-marie/

tl:dr Jezebel writer wants neck tattoo, artist refuses (as they often do to people who aren't already covered in tats and want a face/neck tattoo), Jezebel writer decides to whip up the internet mob in revenge and mock other people who got tattoos from the artist in question, tattoo artist responds above.
Gotta love people who think they have the right to be OUTRAGED because an artist won't do what they want. ART FOR ME, ART MONKEY! ART NOW!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What kind of person takes Muenster seriously? As far as I can tell, God put him here for us to mock, as is Her wont.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 28, 2015, 06:34:32 PM
What kind of bitch gets a email sent to them, published it then makes fun of it?

What kind of person self describes themselves as a hardworking, good-hearted, socially conscious lesbian?

Wha?

Why shouldn't they?

More importantly, why did you focus on the stripper line when Meunster seems to think lesbians can't be good people?

Missed that on the first couple readthroughs. So much bad in such a compact package!

First couple readthroughs? By god, go do something better with your life.
Poe's law ;)

President Television

Quote from: Meunster on July 29, 2015, 02:07:50 AM

Wha?

Why shouldn't they?

Dude, you got quoted like seven times, with escalating levels of disgust. It ain't rereading if it keeps showing up on the screen.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Doktor Howl

Eat shit and die.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Meunster

Quote from: President Television on July 29, 2015, 03:29:55 AM

Wha?

Why shouldn't they?

Dude, you got quoted like seven times, with escalating levels of disgust. It ain't rereading if it keeps showing up on the screen.

That's not really reading though, just skimming, you telling me you don't go "oh, it's that post,I'll skip to the non quoted part"?
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on July 29, 2015, 04:20:11 AM
Quote from: President Television on July 29, 2015, 03:29:55 AM

Wha?

Why shouldn't they?

That's not really reading though, just skimming, you telling me you don't go "oh, it's that post,I'll skip to the non quoted part"?

Jesus.  Shut the fuck up, dumbass.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 29, 2015, 01:33:06 AM
Via Cracked I came across this little gem regarding a Jezebel writer and tattoos: https://www.inkedmag.com/cant-get-fucking-neck-tattoo-jane-marie/

tl:dr Jezebel writer wants neck tattoo, artist refuses (as they often do to people who aren't already covered in tats and want a face/neck tattoo), Jezebel writer decides to whip up the internet mob in revenge and mock other people who got tattoos from the artist in question, tattoo artist responds above.
Gotta love people who think they have the right to be OUTRAGED because an artist won't do what they want. ART FOR ME, ART MONKEY! ART NOW!

For a feminist publication, and all the feminist criticisms of capitalism and how it turns women into commodities, some writers at Jezebel are sure happy to do the same to others.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2015, 07:11:28 AM

For a feminist publication, and all the feminist criticisms of capitalism and how it turns women into commodities, some writers at Jezebel are sure happy to do the same to others.

The problem isn't that people are made into commodities, it's that *I'M* being turned into one!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wha?

Why shouldn't they?

Just because you have to sound it out as you go along doesn't mean anyone else reads that slowly.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jezebel is a horrible, horrible magazine. It's like Cosmopolitan interbred with Huffpo and Tumblr.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 29, 2015, 03:23:04 PM

Jezebel is a horrible, horrible magazine. It's like Cosmopolitan interbred with Huffpo and Tumblr.

Was it always like this?  I remember being impressed early on, but I may just have been stupid.
Molon Lube

Cain

From 2007-10 it was run by Anna Holmes, who actually had some journalistic credentials (degree in journalism, staff writer for a magazine).

Interestingly, most of the stupid things it has done have been post 2010.