News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Dispatch from Asshat #1 - Christmas Lights

Started by Lord Trout, December 31, 2004, 12:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bob the Mediocre

Cool, that's the site with Rush Limbaugh Eats Everything on it. Theres a link at the end.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

agent compassion

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

LMNO

Quote from: agent compassion
Ow! Wrong hole!

:shock:

Great, now her husband's gonna kick my ass...

agent compassion

QuoteGreat, now her husband's gonna kick my ass...

Lucky for you, he's at work right now. You don't wanna be messing with an angry cyborg...

8) [/quote]

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Usually a bloody severed goat head tends to keep people away from Christmas lights, though sometimes a little pile of teeth works as well.

I don't know. Pagans have always celebrated things like Solstice. But I get sick of hearing about how the Xtians stole this-and-that. No one stole shit. Things just changed with the times.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Our neighbors don't mess with our stuff.  When my husband cleans his guns, he does it on the front porch.  Usually 2 at a time.

It's not so much that I get mad at people who call themselves christian calling particular things christmas decorations or traditions.  I understand that early church leaders took the traditions of the area and incorporated them into the new religion to get the people to go to the church.  This happened all over the world at various times with various religions.  

I think it is funny when there is a christmas tree in a church.  I think it is funny when the pope in the vatican talks about the fir tree being a symbol of christ.  I am amused, I'll leave it to Jesus Christ to be pissed.  I don 't think this is the sort of thing he would have wanted.  Next he'll be saying easter eggs are symbols of the apostles.

My husband, who is more devious and more logical then me, sometimes, at least, wants to know if anyone else in your neighborhood has lights like that?  Maybe someone just had some burned out lights and was too lazy to go to the store and went shopping in your front yard.  Ocam's razor.

agent compassion

QuoteBut I get sick of hearing about how the Xtians stole this-and-that. No one stole shit. Things just changed with the times.

Aye, but what gets my goat is when they turn around and attack us "heathens" for doing the same things they're doing because we're not doing them with a "Jesus Seal of Approval" or something....they don't acknowledge that they borrowed/incorporated these things from other paths. It's like they think that there was a fuckin' Christmas tree in the manger with Jesus or something....hello, ever heard of a little thing called history? Be nice!

Ah, fuck 'em anyway, who needs Christianity? That religion is the ultimate mindfuck I swear.

Lord Trout

Quote from: eldora_avalonMy husband, who is more devious and more logical then me, sometimes, at least, wants to know if anyone else in your neighborhood has lights like that?  Maybe someone just had some burned out lights and was too lazy to go to the store and went shopping in your front yard.  Ocam's razor.
Actually, yes. They live about a block away, and suddenly have seven lights of differing colors among their normally all-red lights.

My wife won't let me burn their house down. Pity that.
Well, shit.

LMNO

Steal them back, but replace theirs with chocolate mice or GI Joes, or something.

Or hang up "Blair Witch"- style twig fetishes.

Wishfarple

Quote from: Shecky
Quote from: eldora_avalonMy husband, who is more devious and more logical then me, sometimes, at least, wants to know if anyone else in your neighborhood has lights like that?  Maybe someone just had some burned out lights and was too lazy to go to the store and went shopping in your front yard.  Ocam's razor.
Actually, yes. They live about a block away, and suddenly have seven lights of differing colors among their normally all-red lights.

Your wife is stifling your creativity!  She's suffocating your inner delinquent!
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Sepia

yes...

[creepy 70s italian horror movie voice]

kill herrr... kiiiiiiiiiiillll heeeerrr...

[/creep 70s italian horror movie voice]
Everyone will always be too late

Quote from: SheckyActually, yes. They live about a block away, and suddenly have seven lights of differing colors among their normally all-red lights.

Dude, just go steal seven of their red lights, duh.

Lord Trout

They might expect that. I was thinking of stealing the steering wheel from their car, instead.
Well, shit.