News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Texas Ranger Teacher

Started by The Johnny, March 01, 2015, 08:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

http://rt.com/usa/228003-texas-bill-kill-students/

In the future, not turning in homework and failing an exam might mean YOUR DEATH.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I couldn't get that one to load, so here's another link: http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/texas-bill-would-allow-teachers-to-use-deadly-force-against-students/

In most states, you can already use deadly force in self-defense or in defense of another person's life, so this basically seems like a way to legalize killing students for school vandalism.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

:kingmeh:

Educator Dredd comes to mind.

"Student, you are in violation of School Council Graffiti Policy a45-5, unruly use of a marking tool, and c12-12, use of explitive language. Drop the unregistered Sharpie and back out of the stall slowly if you want to live."
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 01:20:19 AM

"Student, you are in violation of School Council Graffiti Policy a45-5, unruly use of a marking tool, and c12-12, use of explitive language. Drop the unregistered Sharpie and back out of the stall slowly if you want to live."
Educator Dredd does not lie.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on March 02, 2015, 01:56:33 PM

Point taken, but...

Judge Dredd does not lie. Educator Dredd is living a lie believing that deadly force is helpful in educating children.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 05:38:23 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on March 02, 2015, 01:56:33 PM

Point taken, but...

Judge Dredd does not lie. Educator Dredd is living a lie believing that deadly force is helpful in educating children.

QuoteHoookay, don't ever come near me, you "deadly violence is OK if it happens to poor people judged-by-some-random-guy-in-power-armor" punishment freak.
Is a thing i never said.

What I mean to say is:
How is educating adults different?
Do you stop considering their limitations?
Do you not stop hurting them when they cry?
Do you ever start to wonder why you are hurting people anyway?
If you don't believe Judge Dredd is living a lie then you just insulted he depth of character in one of the best movies in the world. (it is second only to Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on March 02, 2015, 09:33:45 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 05:38:23 PM

Point taken, but...

QuoteHoookay, don't ever come near me, you "deadly violence is OK if it happens to poor people judged-by-some-random-guy-in-power-armor" punishment freak.
Is a thing i never said.

What I mean to say is:
How is educating adults different?
Do you stop considering their limitations?
Do you not stop hurting them when they cry?
Do you ever start to wonder why you are hurting people anyway?
If you don't believe Judge Dredd is living a lie then you just insulted he depth of character in one of the best movies in the world. (it is second only to Paul Verhoeven's Starship Troopers)

Ok...

It's not different in this context at all.
The rest of the questions are trollish crap that presumes I'll step in it.

IMO Judge Dredd is not living at all and is a fictional character in a dark fantasy world. If I've insulted him he is welcome to complain in person and I will apologize and rethink my ideas of reality.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 09:54:57 PM

IMO Judge Dredd is not living at all and is a fictional character in a dark fantasy world. If I've insulted him he is welcome to complain in person and I will apologize and rethink my ideas of reality.
Hah! Well said!

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on March 02, 2015, 10:16:59 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 02, 2015, 09:54:57 PM

Hah! Well said!

I slipped up in my phrasing back there. That was me doing a Wisconsin cartwheel on the ice.  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl