News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Thought this was amusing, but don't really have a frame of reference

Started by LMNO, March 02, 2015, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Q. G. Pennyworth

Cain

And yet, none of them are as weird as Elder Scrolls dragons (though the Time Dragon comes close).

Incidentally, in Baldur's Gate 2, I sacrificed the Silver Dragon eggs for Irenicus's death, knowing full well it wouldn't work.  Does this make me a bad person?  Probably. But it was pretty funny.

President Television

Wow, the author did kinda shit research. Either that, or they're embarrassed about playing DnD and want to pretend they don't.

QuoteWhile the fact that there's a race of dragons so devoted to stealing brains that they are commonly dubbed Brainstealer Dragons should be more than enough to prove their strangeness, they have other issues. For instance, instead of heads they just have four tentacles shooting out of their necks, which they use to, uh... steal your brain.

There actually is an explanation for this, and it's weird enough that the author could've left it in if they'd known about it and it'd hype up the weird even further. There's a race of evil brain-eating mini-Cthulhu things called Illithid(or Mindflayers), and they reproduce by laying parasites in people's brains that transform their heads. I'm pretty sure Brainstealer Dragons are just what happens when Mindflayers manage to get their hands on a draconic host.

Quotethe Abyss, which is basically D&D's hell. It's where chaotic people go when they die to be continually eat alive by maggots.

Chaotic Evil people. Chaotic Neutral people go to Limbo, and Chaotic Good people to to Elysium.

QuoteThese giant dragons wander Hades, which is different from the Abyss in that it's "the battlefield for the eternal Blood War," whatever that means.

It's pretty significant to the background fluff, actually. Basically, Lawful Evil souls go to one hell and become devils and Chaotic Evil souls go to another and become demons, and they fight an eternal war in Hades, the Neutral Evil plane. The Neutral Evil dead, or Yugoloths, then hire themselves out as mercenaries to the highest bidder. I'm simplifying some of it, but that's the general gist.

QuoteBut did you know dragons can also be zombies? It's true!

Yeah, but anything can be a zombie if it used to be alive. You just cast Animate Dead, and it's a zombie. It's actually pretty easy.

QuoteIf your Dungeon Master has you run into a Zombie Dragon, you know your DM hates you.

Not really. The zombie template isn't really much of a power boost, if any. And in the case of something like a dragon, which wins fights by being powerful and clever, turning into a moaning idiot is definitely a downgrade in power.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

io9.com don't do research.

It would mean making clickbait articles for the social media millenarian/geek friendly generation would take at least 30 minutes longer, on average.  Profit margins, man, profit margins.

Seriously though, io9 never do research.  It's a Gawker Media Empire production.