PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

AMERICA LOCATED

Started by Doktor Howl, March 04, 2015, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

It's worth noting that, inside the USA, no flag may be flown higher than the national flag.

But a CCTV camera is just fine.
Molon Lube

LMNO

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I like the appropriately raggedy flag as well. Very fitting.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bruno

This should win some kind of Picture of the Year award. Time Magazine, National Geographic, Boys Life, don't care.
Formerly something else...

Karapac

Holy shit.
Quote from: Emo Howard on March 04, 2015, 06:02:41 PM
This should win some kind of Picture of the Year award. Time Magazine, National Geographic, Boys Life, don't care.
This.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Even the sky is symbolically perfect.  Overcast and grey as hell.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Aucoq

Quote from: Emo Howard on March 04, 2015, 06:02:41 PM

Agreed.

That picture. :horrormirth:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 05, 2015, 04:27:43 AM

Definitely. There's a lot going on in that picture.

The photo quality itself looks like a still image taken from surveillance footage.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: N E T on March 05, 2015, 05:52:54 PM

The photo quality itself looks like a still image taken from surveillance footage.

The layout is ideal for a text caption as well, with a little cropping right of the flag.

I'm currently in too good a mood for writing such, and wish to stay here, but the truthiness of the image speaks for itself.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

President Television

This needs to be on a punk rock album cover.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 05, 2015, 08:25:35 PM
Quote from: N E T on March 05, 2015, 05:52:54 PM

The layout is ideal for a text caption as well, with a little cropping right of the flag.

I'm currently in too good a mood for writing such, and wish to stay here, but the truthiness of the image speaks for itself.
huh.
I would crop the left, so the CCTV camera is the subject and the flag is a cape.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

I see exactly what you mean and that would be very effective as well, and prettier.

I was thinking to fill in the empty sky to left with text and draw the eye across it by having the subject to the right. Also subtle symbol in having the camera ultimately looking at nothing. Having the camera look at text would be quite symbolically effective as well. The given message might determine what would be best.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl