News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Awesome posing accident

Started by Trivial, March 11, 2015, 11:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

a bit, mostly using cheaters now with pre made figures in daz.  The pose above was supposed to be a choke when I moved the mouse too much and I don't know something weird happened.  The expression is an accident and I laughed so hard had to render it.

Trivial

I'm using it to make a comic.

The Wizard Joseph

Awesome! That facial expression is even better as a goof. What is daz?

So the postures in the comic are modeled and then put into the format?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Trivial

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 12, 2015, 01:13:19 AM
Awesome! That facial expression is even better as a goof. What is daz?

So the postures in the comic are modeled and then put into the format?

https://www.daz3d.com/shop

It's like poser only free.  They make their money selling 3d items to use in it.  So careful, when you get into it you start seeing things you have to have.  They do a ton of freebies too if you watch for it.  The download of the non beta software comes with some models to use, basic males and females and a dragon, because dragon.

I'm attempting to make my own poses in an attempt to get good enough to sell them there.  That and maybe make buildings, but  I'd use blender and hexagon. 

The comic's characters are actually rendered that way using a shader set I got.  I use manga studio to put it together.  I might redo that whole page, got better at the shaders since.

Trivial

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Trivial on March 11, 2015, 11:39:38 PM

Nice try taking credit for this photograph of me playing volleyball.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

Poked around a little. The 3d printing straight from cg modeling is just wild to me. I am not much at visual arts, I scribble with notable style. I see that they have a LOT of different model packs. Are those user generated? Believe it or not much of what I just saw is new to me and a little bewildering.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 12, 2015, 03:12:20 AM
Quote from: Trivial on March 11, 2015, 11:39:38 PM

Nice try taking credit for this photograph of me playing volleyball.

:lulz: the art world is a vicious game!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 12, 2015, 03:14:20 AM
Poked around a little. The 3d printing straight from cg modeling is just wild to me. I am not much at visual arts, I scribble with notable style. I see that they have a LOT of different model packs. Are those user generated? Believe it or not much of what I just saw is new to me and a little bewildering.

The model packs are both user and Daz created, you basically submit a render of your product and then if they like it you send the files and they do testing, once done you have an artist shop.  The forums have freebies links in there from people who are just practicing, found other things online, that sort of thing.  There are other places to buy models too like renderosity.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial on March 12, 2015, 01:05:02 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 12, 2015, 03:14:20 AM

The model packs are both user and Daz created, you basically submit a render of your product and then if they like it you send the files and they do testing, once done you have an artist shop.  The forums have freebies links in there from people who are just practicing, found other things online, that sort of thing.  There are other places to buy models too like renderosity.

Hm. Gotta have a look at the end license agreement. Sounds invaluable for storytelling,  but if the images used have some legal entanglement it would be best I look before I dive in. Nifty stuff though!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Trivial

The main thing is 2D artwork is yours 3D is theirs.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Trivial on March 12, 2015, 06:13:36 PM
The main thing is 2D artwork is yours 3D is theirs.

I can work with that. Speaking of which, have you read the Origins thread? I have a bunch of stuff in my head that is essentially a story told in a video game like world and the Richter 2D thing figures prominently in the setting I've been, somewhat literally,  dreaming up.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl