News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

poem fragments I don't know what else to do with

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

If I didn't respect you,
I would not correct you,
I would just leave you,
To stay on you knees,
Down in your own derp.

Oh hell what now?
Want me to bow,
and lick the boot,
or else you'll shoot?
Shoot then, fuck you!
Rather eat a bullet
than bow to you,
bully.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

And thou will hang upon the tree may as well hang comfortably.
Heed your pain. Eris is not to be snubbed.

It's far too late
I await sure fate
Everyone has a date
No news is good

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

This one's a song, but I'm not sure I'm done polishing it.

WHATEVER MEANS

I cannot cure
The racing heart
It never stops
Until the finish

Please reserve me
Room inside your
Coiled up mind
Distress to unwind

(Chorus)

I'm not magic
But I create
I conjure words
Fitting just correct

I would relieve
Your gnawing pain
Bring you gain
By whatever means
(Chorus)

Don't look inside you now,
because baby I'm not there
Don't be afraid of the better days
Or the costs
they will be paid anyway.
By whatever means
By whatever means
By whatever means

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hey Joseph, have you settled on a default Kopyleft/CC/Copyright setting for your writing on the site?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 18, 2015, 04:01:58 PM
Hey Joseph, have you settled on a default Kopyleft/CC/Copyright setting for your writing on the site?

I reserve all my rights, but have no ability or interest in defending them.

I believe I already gave you specific permission to work with my stuff subject to showing me and and a veto before publication I really never expect to need to use.
You're the only one to ask, and I count it a compliment. Go on and work with whatever you like!

Some of my unpublished stories are unpublished because I'm not sure I want to risk letting them out yet. I remember seeing that somebody published omnibuses of PD materials without permission.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

This one came to me in 2013 while chatting on FB. Also a song, but  figure it's complete.

/° Half a Fnord.

Chorus

So
I agree
Duality
Can be a big snare
Yet
Unity
It seems to me
Is not really there

see
All here is
plurality
Tied up in a thread
And
Seems to me
Disunity
The play that I read

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a false view
To see in unity a haven to go back to
Accept difference and strive for collectives
Adapt or die but spare God your invectives

CHorus*

I can't really swear but I have an inkling
That I'm not alone in quietly thinking
The folks at the top can't get to the bottom
Of the steel riddle that's totally go 'em

Chorus*

One more verse and I'll get to bed
And ReSet the heavens and hells in my head
No archon can hold you; I've just told you
Nor man ever say where the wind's gonna step to

Chorus*

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Bit of a rant fragment.

But he's safer right?

We spend trillions on this stuff so it has to work right?

At least our homeless folks are safer and more free than any other nation's right?

I mean there's no better way to spend our nation's wealth than on things that will rain sudden firey horror on all who would threaten our peaceful and prosperous national interests or seek to put an end to our amazing social order right?

Clearly we the people have everything under a total and fine tuned Control because utterly nothing happens in our nation or it's spheres of influence that we don't have absolutely comprehensive, unanimous understanding of that has been the result of our transparency of government, freedom of information, enlightened economic structures, boundless work ethic, ease of discourse, and diligent citizens...
Right?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

There is no Disco
Only fools.

Their genes may come from
Shallow pools

They're full of themselves
Head in ass

They just don't get it
End of class

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Posted to DS2015 some time ago. Included link to video that inspired this bit of poem.

Words of fallen stars
Beat back the darkness
In the backmask

Hear the new
Word coming
Through the beat

Feel the terrible
Joy as line by line
A new story goes
On as foot by foot
We make our stanza

And far from the last

No enemies
Anywhere
Only friends
Everywhere

We can go there
But don't go there
Sadly

Then and only then
Will the ignorant tyranny
Justly and finally end

-T. W. Joseph
Thanks for reading!!

NOW HEAR THIS!!!

http://thearcanefront.com/william-cooper-know-where-youre-going-video/

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Is not silence sometimes a sin?
Really when does one begin
to betray
by Way of
not saying
Anything?

Is it even ok to ponder the line?
Could it be alright to entwine
with my words
all that I
may incline;
Who Am I?

Nobody,
Really.

I'm wondering if it's soon time to crack.
If not aught else but a GRIN! :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

You know, theoretically you could always jam these fragments together into a single song. That's how John Lennon wrote I am the Walrus.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Don Coyote

Or, don't, because they stand pretty well as individual poems.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Don Coyote on August 19, 2015, 07:26:11 PM

Thanks! Some really are just more like structured fragments of thought than actual poems, but I consider several of them complete. Others I might yet expand on. Poems are something that I do, or perhaps poems happen to me, but I'm no poet.

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on August 19, 2015, 05:03:25 PM
You know, theoretically you could always jam these fragments together into a single song. That's how John Lennon wrote I am the Walrus.

Yeah, but they're very different thoughts. I'm much more inclined to sing than to write. Some folks consider me a damn good singer. I don't get out much lately, but a good jam session or karaoke and a bit of booze is better than church to me. Music reminds me of something, sparks a nameless nostalgia for a place I don't recall ever being. Then I get back to work.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 19, 2015, 11:54:00 PM

Thanks! Some really are just more like structured fragments of thought than actual poems, but I consider several of them complete. Others I might yet expand on. Poems are something that I do, or perhaps poems happen to me, but I'm no poet.

Naw, that does make you a poet, especially if poems happen to you and feel you need to keep them.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Don Coyote on August 20, 2015, 04:43:26 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 19, 2015, 11:54:00 PM

Naw, that does make you a poet, especially if poems happen to you and feel you need to keep them.

Huh. I'll accept your definition. I didn't used to feel the need to keep them, but things changed. When I was much younger I used to write them as a way to vent profoundly negative emotions and then would burn them. I literally had no desire to keep the work, it was often QUITE hateful, and the destruction did help considerably.

For me it was not entirely dissimilar to prayer. Something like telling God off or voicing dissent I had no ability to act on and that was just between me and God anyway. I ended the practice one day and that was pretty much that with a few exceptions not intentionally destroyed, but also not exactly cherished or kept and now lost.

Then it just started happening sometime late in 2013 again, but I don't know what exactly triggered it nor the desire to keep them. Having a smartphone for the first time and ability to jot things down at will was a definite factor, but not the cause I think. The muse, whatever it is in me, seems fickle, and I'm not exactly into the mindset, practice, or self image of "poet". I'll just keep doing what I've been doing, waiting and writing as the urge and opportunity coincide.

Then there's THIS one.

It's writing has been a whole different creature from these here ITT. The urge and thoughts never quite seem to leave me, but I'm more than just a bit hesitant and very stubborn about it. I'll inevitably return to the writing of the poetry, but I'm not sure when I'll be ready. I'm not even sure why I don't "feel ready".

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl