News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

poem fragments I don't know what else to do with

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

A wily Greek goddess named Eris
Carved on an apple "To the fairest"
And thrown in a wedding
Got goddesses betting
And lulz like that, friend, are the rarest
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

The attached image has a poetic and quite nifty perspective on the Greek gods and perspective on how they do these days. Someone shared it on FB and I noted that Eris got snubbed YET AGAIN and felt compelled to write a short piece. Here is that, but read the image first for maxim effect. It should properly be at the bottom of this other person's series in retort.

Eris watches as a million little windows on hundreds of screens all feed her tiny tidbits of the human drama, great and petty. It's the drama of her own family and she knows this well. She sips a very dry, dark wine laced with the very latest consciousness expanding chemicals. Soon her name will be known again in her rightful glory as theirs are, but for now she waits in the shadows with a million eyes reflected in her own and a GRIN sharp enough to cut diamonds.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I WILL make them
rue the day that they
In craven wretchedness
stole the vote away.
For that and for all else
we must make them pay!

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Do not fill with sorrow.
There yet lingers a dim light.
It glows within you.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

King Kuk has the launch codes.
King Kuk has tight security.
King Kuk has boring advisers.
King Kuk is stuck 24/7 with Donnie.

King Kuk just wants a bit of fun.
King Kuk just got out the joint.
King Kuk just HATES responsibility.
King Kuk is stuck 24/7 with Donnie.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Beware any
"lord of the blind"
who might claim to
show you the way.

'Tis a hard thing to be blind,
much worse to be led astray.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Stasis, Dynamism, Entropy
Each a separate force you see
But, well, actually each of the three
can only be temporarily relied upon
So within the three a fourth must be
eternally in a state of balance, the conflux
Yes the fourth, this balance, I call conflux
It is MY mystical poem
Writ unconventionally
Wrought non-traditionally
and so I give
no fucks

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Alcibiades
Greek dude or whatever
Smokin' big fatties
Till his rivals flexed
To flee to Sparta
Had to ditch his stash
Sparta wasn't chill
And like a weak bitch
He fled to Persia
Then one day Athens
Wanted their boy back
Made him Strategos
Then they flexed again
Alcibiades
Just got to steppin'

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Baal and Moloch
happy as can be
in a pentagon you see

Mad as hell
along comes Eris
in their pentagon
they perish

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

An obnoxious bombastic named Trump
Made America into a dump
And now there are NAZIs
all forming up posses
And nobody dishing them lumps

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

To the Eye of the Chao

Here and now
I and thou
slaughtered by a dream
Here and now
I and thou
Rampant and obscene
Here and now
I and thou
abandonment of life
Here and now
I and thou
gladly twist the knife
Here and now
I and thou
mad by demons sent
Here and now
I and thou
mortal blood to vent
Here and now
I and thou
churning up the earth
Here and now
I and thou
bringing death to birth
Here and now
I and thou
still as still at last
Here and now
I and thou
behold the die as cast

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

A few lines inspired by the conclusion of the first (and hopefully not last) season of Picard. Star Trek killed my favorite character fucking TWICE. Hard to watch, but SO HARDCORE!

Not gonna lie
I did cry
Then I heaved a sigh
Turned my face on high
And was glad of what I saw.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

If you haven't transcended duality
do you even psychic bro?
Humans can do that, you know.
We're free in ways that terrify and astound
even some Eternal beings.
It's great fun if you let it be.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Guess who's dead.
Lost a king we did.
Worst loss to me
since Johnny Cash,
musically.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

In bond of trust vis a vis me,
and a certain wolfish she.

Though at this time
I make no promises
Smart young Wizard
That I be, you have
from me this guarantee
It is not power or words
that bind, but trust in kind
And so any trust
I earn from thee
As you shall see
Shall multiply in me
And return a rich
dividend indeed.
And so on basis
of this bonded trust
We shall proceed
For one worthy
of such rare things
is precious indeed

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl