News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

poem fragments I don't know what else to do with

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

For is not
any dream that
never ends
eventually
a nightmare
my friends?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on June 11, 2020, 01:29:16 AM
For is not
any dream that
never ends
eventually
a nightmare
my friends?
Not if you wanna do it again :fnord:

The Wizard Joseph

Fools fools fools
both high and low
we all limp along
on improvised
cognitive tools
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

The Wizard Joseph

Pop magic
thriller night
no such thing
as black and white

If you must cut
then cut deeply
the only rule
don't sell out cheaply

Applied to magic
all morality
is rather tragic
it is what it be

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Fnord?

My Lord!

Whatever does it mean?

Is it obscene?

Unclean?

Something mean?

A vulgarity?

Some hilarity?

Or a blessing
from the skies
In disguise?

Opinions vary.

And nary a wit
Hath writ
A fnord,

And lived
Long enough
To explain.

-T.W. Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Love knows no barriers
But respects boundaries
Deeply, truly, madly,
And without condition

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

So a Blue for 2?
Agreement true?
One just for you.
It stands in these
Five stanzas.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Yaeah more humans!
May this life be
a hand,
A candle,
A flame,
And a light
In long life

Personal blessing cantrip: $0
FB service: outlandish contestable contract consent

The Pawah of Tha Lawd: My Soul

Open poetic blessing magic on a technoplatform ad hoc: Priceless.

For everything else there's Master Bard.

This amazing post brought to you by Vaderpope.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Steady. Cool. Calm. One foot. Another. Another. Another. Never alone. Never afraid. Not stopping. No haste. Inexorable is the Way to the brighter shining day just down the road a piece. There is meaningful, lasting peace.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I and you,
embers living for hours
The slow lick,
fiery tongue on hot coal
No flame this,
warm sweetness and shadow
Slow moments,
crawling as wood meets its match
Completeness,
a burning without concern of loss
Now timeless,
you and I burn eternal as we part

For K, by TWJ written in 2011

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

It's always war crimes. It's always civilian slaughter. They think this makes them powerful, and they're RIGHT, but it's a temporary and false power for cowards and thieves. It's fragile. It corrodes the soul.

There IS a Greater Power by many Names. The most fitting of these is Love. Another is Justice. Yet another Peace. These Names will endure long after the evils of these days have no more to slaughter for, nor power to do so anyway. One day, sooner than some may think, this True and Holy Power will be the only power remaining on this blessed Earth.

Until then fight to survive.
Fight for your lives.
Fight for your Love.
Fight for that Peace
For it has surely arrived.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Fuck Sophia,
She's a poser.
Hail Eris!
Her Truths
Are closer.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

*sea shanty tune to small accordion*

I once had a little matey
Named Pango he was
He look'd like he was 80
And he never wore 'draws

Well one day in a stupor
He did climb the maaaast
And dropped a giant pooper
Screamin' FREEDOM AT LAST

So I swabbed poo off the poop deck
Soon old Pango came down
'An he asked me real cryptic
"Just why is it sir ye frown?"

Well I was in a foul fury, I pulled me gun
But old Pango he drew on me first
I had mere bullets, 'e made more poo son
That old Pango was the worst

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

One little seed
In the soil
With some toil
A little pain
Some good Fortune
A bit of rain
Will one fine day
Become a tree
Fine to see
And fit for both
Fruit and shade

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl