News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

poem fragments I don't know what else to do with

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discordia22

I absolutely loved reading all that.
The first ones caught my attention.
I could really feel strong emotions between the lines... It's very authentic
Keep on the good work mate!
It' absolutely amazing.
stay close to people who feel like sunshine

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: discordia22 on December 08, 2020, 10:21:07 AM
I absolutely loved reading all that.
The first ones caught my attention.
I could really feel strong emotions between the lines... It's very authentic
Keep on the good work mate!
It' absolutely amazing.

Thanks! Your comment prompted me to go back over the thread in the mindset that it was not my work and I'm a little suprised by myself. I haven't gone through the whole thread word for word since I started it I think. I certainly will keep adding to the pile as it goes!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

In Zen they say "mu."

Which means nothing,
And is moot.

But a pie in the face
Is always a hoot!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Made as a result of the open mic with Q. G. The first line was my prompt.

The Gods Are Wrong
So pass that bong
And a tale fit for mortals
I will tell ye

It's not their words
That ring absurd
Nor their lack of morals
That do rile me

See they are us
Despite the fuss
And insistence of priests
So unseemly

Since they are we
Writ abstractly
Our folly does not cease
Predictably

So wrong they are
At least as far
As mortal tales can tell
Reliably

We're more a far
Bright bardic star
With a wild dream to sell
Rather cheaply

My what a strong
Hit from that bong
Got me talking of gods
Dangerously

If I'm not wrong
Priests are along
Heretics live long odds
Quite discreetly

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I and rain are alike.
Even as rain is
More properly
a raining
So I Am
A Being

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

The moon
Does not reflect
Upon the water
It is merely
Being reflected

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

And so what fools
We have been
Filling in
With words as tools

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I quite often think
The Chao utters "Mu" because
Nothing needs saying

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I don't think I know
I don't even know
What I think I think

- today's random brain fart, apparently

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

There is no grander thing
Than a Wizard with a beard
It's the Wizard sans beard
That looks weird

And should rightly be feared

You see the beard is a warning
As much as anything
I lets you know who
You are dealing with

But with facial hair all cleared
People may well make a mistake
And to a Wizard your mistake
Is a gift of great value indeed

You see mistakes
are how Wizards
Succeed

See with a beard some fools
Will assume
That everything you do
Is meant

And so if the Wizard
Should do something
Stupid

A smat one will
See that it is
Stupid

And knowing
The Wizard is "wise"
Fear and fail to capitalize
Something no fool
Enemy of a Wizard
can likely afford

But with no beard you see
A Wizard looks just like
You and me

It's uncanny
And something of
A double whammy

If you do not expect
Should you fail
To detect
The Wizard

My friend you are in for a ride
For you may expect him to be
Stupid

And he can act
Or sometimes be
Stupid

But cause more damage
Than the fell arrows of
Cupid

And you will have no idea
That the Wizard
Even did anything

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Many a wise man
Intensely hates the Fates
But only a damn fool
Would ever deny them

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Hey there NOLA!
How you doing girl?
Thanks for taking me in
When all this Wizard
Had left to him was
My backpack
My rolling luggage bag
My beard
My walking staff
A train ticket
And a GRIN.

I gotta say
You're far fairer
In person
Oh NOLA
Than even your
Fine ass pictures
Ever even could tell!

This year left me
all kinda busted up!
But thanks to you,
Sweet NOLA,
I am doing ok,
and one day
I hope
Extremely well!

I landed on day one
In the neighborhood
Of good Saint Roch,
And the Capo Santo
Holy Cemetery
Of the Patron of Plagues
In the age of COVID
Just a little ways
On down the block

A very kindhearted landlord
Was there and took me in
On a cash for weekly basis
I was prepared
To sleep in your streets
But thank The Great One
I found so many friendly faces!

You have been so
Very good to me NOLA
That I want to kiss you.
But I really shouldn't
Because you're a city
And I'm a Wizard true
And so NOLA as you bless me
I shall WORK HARD AS IRON
To be a blessing
Ultimately to you

You dig me girl?

My body, my soul even
Got hard ravaged
By a horrible
Industrial grade
Poison this year
Before that little punk
Called COVID
Even really hit the scene

But I want you to know NOLA
That I AM NOT DEAD YET!!!
If I must die
And I well may
There is no other place to die
That I would rather have been!

My body got wracked
And my rep wrecked
And pockets empited
By bastards operating
In my original home state
Old Wisconsin

But Louisiana
And specifically
You my good NOLA
Is where I hope
To either heal up
Or die forgiven
By the Good Lord
For my sin

My very first piece
Of delicious King Cake
Held a little baby
And I was told
That means blessings
For a whole year!

And though I gotta buy
The next King Cake
I was GRIN'n ear to ear
Knowing that I need not fear.

Thanks for having my back NOLA.
You're the world to me!
This is gonna be good.
But a Wizard's gotta eat.
I could use a few bucks to get set up,
If you could.

Thanks
NOLA.
You
Are
Indisputably
The
Very
Best!

Sincerely
T. W. Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

You're right
You see
Eris is
A Great Tree
And Her kids
The Discordians
Are all kinds of nuts

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

rong

when you go number two
don't forget to flush your poo
that's what you're supposed to do
when you go number two
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Wizard Joseph

Laconism has its place
As does social grace
But a good FUCK!
At the right time
Is truly divine

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl