News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Cyborg’s Quandary?

Started by Don Coyote, March 19, 2015, 07:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Your meat is you
You're your meat
The meat is you

You equal meat
Without the meat
There is no you

Without you
Your meat is just
Meat

You equal meat
But
You plus meat also
Equals you

There is no
Dichotomy
Between
Mind
And
Body

But
   How
      Much

Meat does there need to be?

A soldier without a leg
Is still a soldier

A person blinded by an accident
Is still a person

A heart can be replaced
But not a brain

Is that all the meat
You need
To be
You?

Stripped of organs
And flesh

Brain encased
In shining steel

Does that you still
Remain you?

Even with eyes that see
Beyond human sight?

Even with limbs with strength
Beyond human might?

What if immortality meant giving up
Scents
And
Flavors
And
Hunger?

What does it mean to be
Human then?

You're meat
Your meat

It is yours to do with
And
You can do with you
As you wish

How will your brain react
Without the cavalcade
Of self-administered
Drugs
And
Hormones?

The Wizard Joseph

There is more to mankind than meats the eye.

Great poem!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey, I missed this one 'cause I was on a plane and shit. Nice work! I like your poetry, you have a gift.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 09, 2015, 04:06:40 AM
Hey, I missed this one 'cause I was on a plane and shit. Nice work! I like your poetry, you have a gift.

Thanks. I'm starting to get poetry published, so I must be doing something good.

Doktor Howl

It's definitely good enough for publication.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would kind of love to read this to my Cognitive Neuroscience class, I think they would dig it.

Not sure the professor would go for it, though. Even assuming you gave your consent for me to read it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I particularly love it because I am super getting into the whole gut-brain axis thing, how so many of the microbes in our bodies produce the same enzymes, the same functional proteins that we produce, and how this has an effect on our moods and behaviors.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 10, 2015, 06:39:17 AM
I would kind of love to read this to my Cognitive Neuroscience class, I think they would dig it.

Not sure the professor would go for it, though. Even assuming you gave your consent for me to read it.

Go for it.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 10, 2015, 06:42:18 AM
I particularly love it because I am super getting into the whole gut-brain axis thing, how so many of the microbes in our bodies produce the same enzymes, the same functional proteins that we produce, and how this has an effect on our moods and behaviors.

I wasn't even thinking about the potential influence of the human microbiome on us. SO MANY CHEMICALS!!!

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2015, 09:22:26 PM
It's definitely good enough for publication.

That means a lot coming from you.

Don Coyote

Finally getting around to do all those recordings I said I was going to do...

https://soundcloud.com/ian-woolley-9/cyborgs-quandary

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 04, 2015, 03:17:58 AM
Finally getting around to do all those recordings I said I was going to do...

https://soundcloud.com/ian-woolley-9/cyborgs-quandary

That was nifty and well performed!
Must look into this Soundcloud thing.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

Thanks. Soundcloud is handy because it has an app.

The Wizard Joseph

Got it downloaded and installed. Will futz with it when I get some free time this weekend.

Any tips?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Don Coyote

It's been pretty user friendly for me.