News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

To what extent is your world-view based on forgeries?

Started by ivan, March 22, 2015, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Demolition Squid on March 23, 2015, 08:39:04 AM
Okay.

Lets say that Stonehenge was, in fact, made completely brand new in the 1890s-1900s. That might be a little disappointing on some level but it would not actually challenge my worldview much at all. A large amount of British national identity and history is basically made up wholecloth. It definitely wouldn't change how I think of my government or my country at all.

Now, the convincing evidence that seems to indicate a deep-rooted set of individuals engaging in child abuse at the heart of government, and the complicity of the national security agencies in covering that up? The fact it seems to have been an 'open secret' amongst the tory cabinet of the 1980s. That fucking Jimmy Saville, beloved children's entertainer and national treasure, was in fact some sort of horrifying paedophile rapist gangster?

These are things which actually surprised me and shocked my worldview when they were revealed. Who gives a shit about a pile of rocks when the rotten core of our very way of life has been so gruesomely exposed? We British were supposed to be better than that. Decency and respectability were supposed to be important to us, especially in our public servants.

So, no. You're looking for your 'forgeries' in the wrong places. The lies that form the basis of our society are much bigger ones than 'Stonehenge was made by ancient people'.

They are lies like:

"All are equal before the eyes of the law."
"If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear."
"It wouldn't happen over here."

Well said!

I was hoping I could come up with a similar quote-lie, but my memory failed me so instead you get a Sage Francis lyric.

"our God is bigger, stronger, smarter and much wealthier
So wave those flags with pride, especially the white part"

Others will have to pick up my slack.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Faust on March 23, 2015, 09:26:37 PM
Quote from: Pæs on March 23, 2015, 09:10:40 PM
Stonehenge was constructed in 1953 in fact in an effort to cover up an minor imbalance in the earth's distribution of mass which if investigated would have revealed that the moon is a hologram.

Think about it.

Yes we accidentally broke the original stonehenge while restoring it, Jesus get off our backs the one we put in looks practically the same.

And yes we accidentally blew up the moon. Jesus get off our back it was barely used by a dozen or so people anyway.

Illuminati™ Spokesperson,

Faust

:lulz:

I KNEW YOU GUYZ WERE USING A FALSE MOON!!

Look, Ivan, the chances of you being right about the henge approach nil.

Radiocarbon dating is a fine and effective science, but is not suitable to certain situations and the shroud is in such a situation. It's not a forgery, may not be THE LORD, but is a genuine anomaly.

Come sit at the table and feed yourself something good for your brain.  Seems to me that you're on a steady diet of paranoia and CT.

This can make you sick, trust me.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on March 23, 2015, 09:26:37 PM
Yes we accidentally broke the original stonehenge while restoring it, Jesus get off our backs the one we put in looks practically the same.

And yes we accidentally blew up the moon. Jesus get off our back it was barely used by a dozen or so people anyway.

No pleasing some people.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2015, 12:46:45 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 24, 2015, 12:15:26 AM
What's the CT in this context?

That ancient monuments are fake.

The WHY isn't explained.

I wasn't getting what CT stood for. It's conspiracy theory. I'm an idiot.

LMNO

No, it's Connecticut.  Where the secret Illuminati stronghold is.  At Yale.  In the library.  Pull the third book from the left in isle 23-z.

Cain

Although the Illuminati center of operations, it should be noted, is in Wisconsin:

Cainad (dec.)

My worldview is 100% based on forgeries.

Because I cannot observe the entire world simultaneously, my "view" of it is necessarily constructed of facsimiles and impressions that exist only in my mind, and are largely informed by images and narratives that have been presented to me.

Cainad,
LOLpedantryLOL

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Prince-of-Plots on March 24, 2015, 11:05:46 AM
Although the Illuminati center of operations, it should be noted, is in Wisconsin:

The cows are not what they seem!  :eek:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=brlQuf2fXn8
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

That a miracle/wonder may be a forgery/fabrication currently underwrites substantial US PSYOPS spending.  And, in case anyone's listening, yes, we did resolve an image for the Invisible Man Problem.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on March 26, 2015, 09:33:20 PM
That a miracle/wonder may be a forgery/fabrication currently underwrites substantial US PSYOPS spending.  And, in case anyone's listening, yes, we did resolve an image for the Invisible Man Problem.

What Invisible Man Problem? I don't see any Invisible Man.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 24, 2015, 12:37:21 PM

Because I cannot observe the entire world simultaneously, my "view" of it is necessarily constructed of facsimiles and impressions that exist only in my mind, and are largely informed by images and narratives that have been presented to me.

Cainad,
LOLpedantryLOL

My worldview is based on watching monkeys drive a planet around the sun.  Badly.

This is why I hate humans.
Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 27, 2015, 08:02:58 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on March 24, 2015, 12:37:21 PM

Cainad,
LOLpedantryLOL

My worldview is based on watching monkeys drive a planet around the sun.  Badly.

This is why I hate humans.

I hear staring at that sun can hurt one's eyes.

I also hear that staring at the monkeys can invert one's spleen and cause one to accidentally all over the floor.

minuspace

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 27, 2015, 07:59:46 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on March 26, 2015, 09:33:20 PM

What Invisible Man Problem? I don't see any Invisible Man.
which is why we need to divert all funding to Project Masriel, it's our only hope for securing thought-freedom in the middle-east.