News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Bastard thread, spinning off into space sans life support

Started by jonb, April 08, 2015, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonb

Yes so far is so good, however in a relative universe it is not the object itself we should consider as much as the relative positioning in relationship to other objects. This in my view is the downfall of most agendas presenting a dialectic materialism. Any experiment is based on an Axiom which itself cannot be proven within its own parameters, we know this and to be fair this is often taken into account, but and it is a big Two Ton Tessie O'Shea type Butt; for an experiment to be considered proven the experiment itself has to contain all the required constituents, and very importantly, the thing which most even astute observers miss is the experiment itself has to be ring fenced. True this may present consistent result, BUTT to exclude the happen-chance of the random impingements of of synergies and vibrations from an external factor which is not accounted for renders in my view a real world application for the data provided less than bespoke.

Consider this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BttXQJ_gDnc

Where do you think this gets us?
Are we open to outside influences?
MTM?
1941 and should she have blamed herself or was that truly another woman?

LMNO

jonb

Doktor Howl

Quote from: jonb on April 08, 2015, 02:23:39 PM
Yes so far is so good, however in a relative universe it is not the object itself we should consider as much as the relative positioning in relationship to other objects. This in my view is the downfall of most agendas presenting a dialectic materialism. Any experiment is based on an Axiom which itself cannot be proven within its own parameters, we know this and to be fair this is often taken into account, but and it is a big Two Ton Tessie O'Shea type Butt; for an experiment to be considered proven the experiment itself has to contain all the required constituents, and very importantly, the thing which most even astute observers miss is the experiment itself has to be ring fenced. True this may present consistent result, BUTT to exclude the happen-chance of the random impingements of of synergies and vibrations from an external factor which is not accounted for renders in my view a real world application for the data provided less than bespoke.

That didn't even mean anything, did it?  I just wasted my precious time on this Earth.
Molon Lube

jonb

Yes and Yes!
Any meanings you wish to withdraw are your own affair.

Has the chair/barstool been defined or is it just an emergent property?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: jonb on April 08, 2015, 03:42:44 PM
Yes and Yes!
Any meanings you wish to withdraw are your own affair.

Oh, right.  I'm out.
Molon Lube

jonb

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 08, 2015, 04:27:31 PM

Oh, right.  I'm out.

That's the whole point, if we thought you were in and and now you're out, or if you we out and came back in it is going to alter the result of the whole experiment isn't it? That's just the sort of thing that's going to trip people up isn't it?
Come on guys where are the parameters? 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

jonb

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 08, 2015, 05:44:50 PM

:lol:
Chemistry's colour may clash with the other ingredients' colour, but the tastes complement each other quite well.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

jonb

There's a point, is a salad a living entity (or entities)?

Can we make friends with a salad?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

JonB, your art is nice and you could probably get more appreciation for it if you simply presented it as your art rather than shoehorning it into threads willy-nilly.

Also, regardless of what you may have read about Discordians on Facebook, we actually aren't all that impressed by word salad or self-conscious, forced "zaniness". A lot of concepts and methods of self-expression that were once transgressive and avant-garde are now... well, recognizable and not only passe but actively boredom-inducing. We no longer live in the suited, strictured fifties, we live in an era where this guy

is fucking impossible to get away from. There is a gay couple who dress as Camo Chewbacca and stroll by my house every Saturday evening holding hands. So the fuck what, nobody cares.

We're in the post-transgression era. Try being authentic, vulnerable, and honest, that might shock a few people, or at least gain their respect.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

jonb

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 09, 2015, 04:13:51 AM

Love him. Yes that man maybe working too hard, or he might just be keeping himself fit. He might be just doing it for a bet and immediately go back to submerging himself in blandness. What would be gained by making presumptions about who or what he be. Anyway it would not bore me to talk with him.

The Photheringgay expedition was dogged by the quartermasters predilection for inappropriate clothing.

I had a bad nights sleep because of my ill fitting pyjamas. I tossed and turned but could not get comfortable. Whatever position I took up I found them restrictive. I consulted with many an expert on how to alleviate the problem and was advised the best coarse of action was to buy a onesie, Although it was baggy at the knees the hood actually added to my discomfort. I am old and have seen times change fashions come and go and every designer saying no that was restrictive but now you are free. For most people a change is as good as a rest, so they run around conforming to doctrine after doctrine thinking this dogma must be the true one. However for me I do not desire novelty the constant influx of new badly designed garments to wrap myself in, a change is not a rest, for me least ways it has never worked.
So I am intoned to sell my self in the conventional way, create a vulnerable side that others are happy to identify with, conform to the authenticity that they understand, to say what they say in the way they say it and that will make what is said 'HONEST'?
Tell me how would that 'honesty' be arbitrated. Have you thought for a moment that I might know how to get friends and influence people, that I may have to hand all the tricks needed to gain karma. So I follow your advice conform to your wishes what have I gained? Your friendship? A friendship that is based on saying things you want said in a way that you like, and presumably will only last as long as the pretence is maintained.
Lets admit there is discord, we see her differently and swap our insights, then I think we can have a friendship and one based on trust.

I like to contemplate barstools, are you so restricted that you only have one reaction to that? Honestly I have thought about where I am.

(picture included as a sign of well intentioned advice heeded.)