News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

21C Man, part 14: You Didn't Have to be RUDE

Started by Doktor Howl, April 24, 2015, 05:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Three big men in a "full size" car.  None of us were happy about this, but the new boss is a jerk, and she insisted that we "economize", so no SUV or muscle car for us.  Mark was pissed off...When I assigned him to the detail, he was expecting the normal fun stuff.  Tim wasn't complaining much, as he had spent the winter in Russia and the horrible piece of shit he drove there didn't even have a heater, but he wasn't exactly thrilled.

"It makes us look like chumps", was his only comment.  Being a Boer, it sounded like Heinrich Himmler complaining that his staff car wasn't all that it could have been.

I didn't comment, as I was re-reading the file on my tablet.  Simple job, really.  Some exec's 15 year old son had fucked off, and the Phoenix police weren't interested.  The kid's smartphone had a GPS in it, so all we had to do - hopefully - was go where the phone was, and bring the kid back to his dad.  The exec didn't even work for our company, but the company he is with is a major customer, so there we were.  It seems the kid had a bit of a history with drugs.  Nothing serious.  Put in rehab for weed, if you can believe it, as a means to avoid a felony on his record.  My hypothesis was that the kid fucked off to party with his friends, and I said so.

"Probably." Mark said, "I remember how important weed was to me as a teenager."

"There will be a girl involved in this," Tim said, "Mark my words."

I just shrugged, as Tim turned off the highway on 44th Street, on the way to the hotel.  At least they had us in a decent place.  The new boss has no latitude on that, or she'd have dumped us in a Motel Six, where we'd be eaten by bedbugs.  Instead, we were in the Holiday Inn on 44th, which is actually one of the nicest hotels in the area, even if it's laid out like Heidelberg Castle; a huge courtyard in the center, and it takes 10 minutes to schlep your bag up to your room.

Once we'd gotten settled, we went to go grab some sushi, and meet up with the neckbeard from the cell company, who would patch us into the kid's GPS.  All very legal, the exec having signed the necessary releases, but a little bit irregular.  We arrived before the neckbeard, and sat down to have a coffee while we waited.  We got a few stares...Three apes dressed identically in black tee shirts, jeans, and steel toe boots.  It was like a Richter convention, truth be told, except that two of us were bald and one (Tim) wore a high & tight so short he may as well have been bald.

Ten minutes later, the waiter brought the neckbeard to our table.

Neckbeard looked us over.  "What are you guys?  Neo-Nazis?"

Tim bristled.  "It does not matter who or what we are.  You will sit down and shove raw fish in your mouth, so that we need not hear your prattling.  And you will grant us the access we need."

"Well, jeez, you didn't have to be RUDE," he replied.

I looked at him.  "You just called us Nazis, and you say WE are rude?"

"Don't get your panties in a bunch," the neckbeard said, "Don't know what I was supposed to think, the way you guys look."

Mark snickered.  A man his size, it came out more like a bass drum.  "You aren't being paid to think."

The waiter came up and took our orders.  When he left, I powered up my tablet and placed it on the table in front of neckbeard.  He  stuck a flash drive in it and started doing neckbeard things.  After a few minutes, he handed me the tablet and walked me through the GPS tracker.

"That tracker expires in 72 hours and will delete itself." he said, "It's a security thing.  Also, it only works for that one GPS."

I expected as much, and didn't say anything.  Our food arrived, and we ate.  The neckbeard kept trying to make conversation, but we ignored him.  Nazis, eh? 

We paid the bill and left.  I figured we'd run the kid to ground, hand him over, and go home.  Simple job.  No mess, no horrible beatings, no dealing with idiots or scumbags.

I was, of course, utterly wrong.

To be continued.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

More today.  I was going to do quite a bit more, but I am being interrupted for stuff.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

What the fuck are you doing running down high school kids. Man I love this series.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 24, 2015, 05:35:15 PM
What the fuck are you doing running down high school kids. Man I love this series.  :lulz:

I wasn't running down high school kids.  I was performing a favor for an exec of a company we do business with.

That's how it started, anyway.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I believe this is what's known as "highly irregular".

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Aucoq

Fantastic read, Dok!  I can't wait to read what happened next.  :)
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is already sounding like it's going to pan out to be interesting as hell...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 25, 2015, 05:19:01 AM
This is already sounding like it's going to pan out to be interesting as hell...

I had to shower in kerosene when I got back.

I don't expect that I'll do more on this til Monday.  I have a thing.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 25, 2015, 05:27:32 AM

Your priorities are in the right place.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 25, 2015, 05:35:48 AM

I missed my anniversary with Jenn, so I have some making up to do.  It was work, so she isn't pissed, but STILL.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 25, 2015, 05:40:28 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 25, 2015, 05:35:48 AM

I missed my anniversary with Jenn, so I have some making up to do.  It was work, so she isn't pissed, but STILL.

Yep

Like I said. Priorities --> in the right place. Have fun with your wife this weekend!