News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Operation Jade Helm 15

Started by hooplala, April 29, 2015, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thank you.  I enjoy being able to contextualise things.

And just a reminder for our newer members, this thread exists. 

Cain

So, in case anyone missed this, while Jade Helm appears to be an American-originated conspiracy theory (as far as I can tell), after it was popularised by Alex Jones, it was picked up on and spread by Russian disinfo networks on social media

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/03/martial-law-scare-russian-bots-michael-hayden-jade-helm

Quote"There was an exercise in Texas called Jade Helm 15 that Russian bots and the American alt-right media convinced most – many – Texans that Obama planned to round up political dissidents, and it got so much traction that the governor of Texas had to call up the [state guard] to observe the federal exercise to keep the population calm," said Hayden, who was CIA director from 2006 to 2009 after serving as director of the National Security Agency.

QuoteRumours spread over the internet, now revealed as apparently fuelled by Russian bots, or fake social media accounts controlled by individuals or software applications. These were not discouraged by high-profile figures including Ted Cruz, the US senator, who said he understood "the reason for concern and uncertainty", and the actor Chuck Norris, who described it as "likely more than a military exercise".

Brother Mythos

I will be forever disappointed that President Obama didn't close down a military base in Texas, to allay the fears of the denizens citizens of that bizarre state.

Anyway, is it too late to cede Texas back to Mexico? For humanity's sake, I believe we should at least try.

Then, we can give Trump's the money to build his wall around the Mexican state of Texas. Win-Win!
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

rong

I thought jade helm was supposed to be a psy-op with hundreds (or thousands?) of undercover agents trying to get a feel for what citizens "really think"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

No, that's what anonymous polling is for.  Why would you waste tens of millions of dollars an a year of planning on a series of military exercises to find out "what people think", when you can do it for a few thousand?  Shit, you could probably just run sentiment analysis softwarre under the top 100 linked stories on social media platforms, cut out the polling altogether and move straight to data analysis.

It was pretty blatantly an exercise for SOCOM to prepare for the liberation of northern Iraq from the ISIS "caliphate".

rong

Why would waste tens of millions?  This is the U.S. military you're talking about.

Not everybody tells the truth if they know they're being polled.  Even if its anonymous.

But, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing about being a liberation type drill, too. 

It sure seems like talking to the public undercover was part of it though - sort of a "learn who's on what side in a non confrontational way" technique.

Also- jade helm was a false flag WHAT ARE THEY DISTRACTING US FROM???
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain