OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The arguments may be unpacked, but they're only nuanced in a relative sense when compared to the Twitter storm.

But then, tumblr.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on May 16, 2015, 03:25:02 PM
The arguments may be unpacked, but they're only nuanced in a relative sense when compared to the Twitter storm.

But then, tumblr.

Yeah. It probably tells you more about my current adverse reaction to the screeching morass of puerile obscenity which is masquerading as discussion on the intersnot. You're both right QG and Cain. "Nuanced" actually requires more nuance. Mea culpa.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Reginald Ret

Isn't sexism a matter of degree?
I mean isn't everyone a little bigoted?
With the constant barrage of news stories about happenings all over the globe and the social connections the internet and ubiquitous smartphones are helping foster, we are forced to have a mental model of 7 billion people.
There is no way you can fit 7 billion different persons into the mindscape of a single human.
It just cannot fit without mayor use of categories and summaries.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 16, 2015, 08:06:22 PM
With the constant barrage of news stories about happenings all over the globe and the social connections the internet and ubiquitous smartphones are helping foster, we are forced to have a mental model of 7 billion people.
There is no way you can fit 7 billion different persons into the mindscape of a single human.

At the end of the day, I read every "question" you offered with the same banal emotion that I extended to the realization that my popcorn pam was scorching. Do you have anything with any thought behind it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

just this

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 17, 2015, 07:19:47 AM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 16, 2015, 08:06:22 PM
Not really.

At the end of the day, I read every "question" you offered with the same banal emotion that I extended to the realization that my popcorn pam was scorching. Do you have anything with any thought behind it?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 16, 2015, 03:22:26 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 14, 2015, 01:02:59 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 14, 2015, 12:54:54 AM
I am a patient boy.

I wait, I wait, I wait.

Let's just say that HR came into some interesting documentation concerning the current goings on at work.  I think I saved Ed from being unjustly fired.

Lillie gets back in town tomorrow, alongside her boss and an army of HR.  Interesting times.

OMG

I am essentially rubbing my hands together in delight right now.

The big flaming ball of shit flew up...
...And stayed there.  Hovering.  HR called and very improperly asked me to remove the word "retaliation" from my statement.  To be fair, they leaned on Lillie about her story.  I refused to change my statement, Lillie refused to back down.

So now there are two suns in Tucson.  One is the regular ANGRY HATE GOD, and the other smells like Nancy Spungen's hotel room, and will eventually come thundering down to splash all over everything.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 17, 2015, 06:50:25 PM
I am a patient boy.

I wait, I wait, I wait.

Let's just say that HR came into some interesting documentation concerning the current goings on at work.  I think I saved Ed from being unjustly fired.

Lillie gets back in town tomorrow, alongside her boss and an army of HR.  Interesting times.

OMG

...And stayed there.  Hovering.  HR called and very improperly asked me to remove the word "retaliation" from my statement.  To be fair, they leaned on Lillie about her story.  I refused to change my statement, Lillie refused to back down.

So now there are two suns in Tucson.  One is the regular ANGRY HATE GOD, and the other smells like Nancy Spungen's hotel room, and will eventually come thundering down to splash all over everything.

:aaa:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 18, 2015, 12:55:53 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 17, 2015, 06:50:25 PM
I am a patient boy.

I wait, I wait, I wait.

OMG

:aaa:

I have to say, I'm rather enjoying the absolute chaos.  People are tiptoeing around with an eye on the trenches.  Nobody knows what the hell is going on, and apparently I am the only person who is comfortable with that.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2015, 02:53:02 AM
My dad made a new friend.   :lulz:

I think that's the common Chilean Rose-hair tarantula. I had one for a few years when I was younger for a science project at school. Won me second place in the State-wide science fair.

Also, I can't put my finger on how comfortable he is with that on his shoulder. I would assume not comfortable. But most people I've seen who aren't comfortable with spiders would be flipping shit in that position.  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 18, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

I think that's the common Chilean Rose-hair tarantula. I had one for a few years when I was younger for a science project at school. Won me second place in the State-wide science fair.

Also, I can't put my finger on how comfortable he is with that on his shoulder. I would assume not comfortable. But most people I've seen who aren't comfortable with spiders would be flipping shit in that position.  :lulz:

Like me, he gives no shits when it comes to spiders.
Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2015, 03:11:11 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 18, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

Like me, he gives no shits when it comes to spiders.

8)
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

POFP

A few days ago, my friend and I were on our way to Taco Hell before we were gonna go to his gf's graduation. I was dressing in some super nice business casual shit. I was wearing $200 in clothes. We're driving down a main road in my town after pulling off of his street. I had neglected to put my seat belt on because I thought reaching across in that way while the car was moving would make the suit rip or something. I expressed this to my friend with the words, "Fuck seat belts."

Most of the time I wear seat belts and get on other people for not doing so.

No more than 2 minutes later, after we've turned off of that main road onto a suburban road, we get rear-ended in a 3-way intersection by a giant-ass Dodge truck. My friend's car is an old Honda Accord LX Coupe. It's small, in non-car people terms. It hit us hard enough to push us 7-8 feet into the car in front of us.

Whip-lash like a motherfucker. But that was my Just Desserts. Now I put seat belts on immediately, whether I'm wearing a neon jock-strap or a slim-fit Alfani suit.

Turns out we knew the person who hit us. But that's another story entirely.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 18, 2015, 02:53:02 AM
My dad made a new friend.   :lulz:

CUTE!

I actually dreamt I had to save one of those from horrible death in a vending machine last night.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]