News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 20, 2015, 04:02:34 AM
Quote from: Trivial on May 20, 2015, 04:00:46 AM
I think we broke our 2nd line manager.  He went from having no humor to suddenly throwing nerf balls at speakers in meetings.

Good work.

I bet he had a sense of humor.  I bet he just thought it was undignified in a leader.

This is probably true.  It looks like he has no fucks to give any more.  It's contagious too. 

Maybe they'll get crazy and tell execs they're wrong when they're wrong.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on May 20, 2015, 04:18:59 AM
I think we broke our 2nd line manager.  He went from having no humor to suddenly throwing nerf balls at speakers in meetings.

Good work.

I bet he had a sense of humor.  I bet he just thought it was undignified in a leader.

This is probably true.  It looks like he has no fucks to give any more.  It's contagious too. 

I hope not.  Disinformation is what gets me up in the morning.
Molon Lube

Trivial

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 20, 2015, 04:41:59 AM

Good work.

You act as if they'd understand the concept of wrong.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Trivial on May 20, 2015, 04:54:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 20, 2015, 04:41:59 AM

Good work.

You act as if they'd understand the concept of wrong.

You forget that I am one rung below those freaks.  They wouldn't know wrong if it came up and humped their leg.

But there's a reason for that.
Molon Lube

Cain

We have a new co-worker.  Her bright eyed enthusiasm is insufferable.  And she's the sane one.  I have it on good authority (ie; someone who used to work with them elsewhere) that the other new hire is not only chock full of self-diagnosed mental conditions, she loves to tell everyone about them.  All the time.  Regardless of subject.

In other news, someone asked where the guillotine was on the public email.  I started a chain of French revolution jokes that ended up with HR sending an email to tell everyone to knock it off.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2015, 07:32:11 AM
We have a new co-worker.  Her bright eyed enthusiasm is insufferable.  And she's the sane one.  I have it on good authority (ie; someone who used to work with them elsewhere) that the other new hire is not only chock full of self-diagnosed mental conditions, she loves to tell everyone about them.  All the time.  Regardless of subject.

In other news, someone asked where the guillotine was on the public email.  I started a chain of French revolution jokes that ended up with HR sending an email to tell everyone to knock it off.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité, merdeité!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 20, 2015, 07:32:11 AM

Suddenly become a goldfish fancier, maybe?  That will drive off even the most hardened narcissists.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

I've spent most of the day reading up on where child/adult protection services go wrong.

The only thing that makes this even slightly tolerable is the thought that my work might - in some small way - help stop this shit happening again.

But fuck me, even the examples where it has gone right are often depressing. The phrase 'Denial of Liberty' just can't sound uplifting, you know?
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Demolition Squid

I also just realized how to explain some of the attitude I've gotten off these people.

They are in the same field as RWHN, and we're telling them they are doing it wrong.

I feel slow for not realizing that sooner. :lulz:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well fuck, I think my old blind dog is dying. And I have a midterm tomorrow morning and classes all day until 10pm.

This is shitty timing. Shitty, shitty timing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 06:32:54 AM
Well fuck, I think my old blind dog is dying. And I have a midterm tomorrow morning and classes all day until 10pm.

That is shitty timing. My condolences. I hope it all works itself out in a less stressful than expected manner.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 21, 2015, 06:41:55 AM

That is shitty timing. My condolences. I hope it all works itself out in a less stressful than expected manner.

Thank you. Part of me hopes he's up and about in the morning, but part of me hopes that he's gone so I can console my kids, wrap him up, and move ahead. Of course, then I have to deal with burial or cremation, neither of which will be easy with an 85 lb dog.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 06:44:09 AM

Thank you. Part of me hopes he's up and about in the morning, but part of me hopes that he's gone so I can console my kids, wrap him up, and move ahead. Of course, then I have to deal with burial or cremation, neither of which will be easy with an 85 lb dog.

Children can be so strong when it comes to dealing with death. Sometimes, it seems, they're stronger than the adults (Sometimes, I get the feeling that it's because they don't fully understand. Other times, I'm just not sure. Either way, the ones I've known have always dealt well.) If the dog is suffering, I think the best turn of events would be an overnight passing. Anticipation is the worst part of it all. Being able to move ahead as quickly and completely as possible is always best, I think.

And yeah, that would be difficult. What kind of dog is it?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 21, 2015, 06:51:22 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 21, 2015, 06:44:09 AM

Children can be so strong when it comes to dealing with death. Sometimes, it seems, they're stronger than the adults (Sometimes, I get the feeling that it's because they don't fully understand. Other times, I'm just not sure. Either way, the ones I've known have always dealt well.) If the dog is suffering, I think the best turn of events would be an overnight passing. Anticipation is the worst part of it all. Being able to move ahead as quickly and completely as possible is always best, I think.

And yeah, that would be difficult. What kind of dog is it?

A German/Australian shepherd mix. He's still alive this morning, still not looking good.

The kids who are still at home are 12 and 15 and they've dealt with some losses. They understand.