News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Demolition Squid on June 06, 2015, 01:04:50 PM
Why do parenting methods have anything at all to do with your relationship to your girlfriend in your mind?

Leaving aside that you're totally wrong about parenting methods, that's a creepy place your mind went to, bro.

That's an interesting point, actually. I've considered a few ideas regarding the connection before, in my head. Still working on it.

Quote from: Emo Howard on June 06, 2015, 01:17:39 PM
So this is what PUA Phase II looks like!

That comparison is more insulting than anything I've said throughout this entire thread. It's also based on some pretty broad assumptions.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 06, 2015, 03:48:48 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 06, 2015, 10:49:37 AM

If my posts are so stressful, then at least block me until you don't have as much shit to deal with at home. I won't be offended, naive kid or not.

They're not stressful, they're just a waste of time. People who think they have everything all figured out for everyone generally are.

:roll:

The only thing I've figured out is a set of solutions to a set of problems.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 06, 2015, 04:49:13 PM
When I was 17-18 I was kicked around by no fewer than three guys who were functionally identical to Fernando Poo.

She will grow up and hate you and everything you did to her and every moment she spent with you. If you're very, very lucky she will not attempt to kill herself as a direct result of her interactions with you.

That's an absurd conclusion based on a collection of broad assumptions and misconceptions about myself and how I treat her. What do you think I do to her? Do you think I beat her? Do you think I try and control who her friends are and who she hangs out with? Do you think I direct her to certain fields of study because I don't like hers? Because that's the kind of person you all seem to think I am.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 06, 2015, 05:31:53 PM
That's an absurd conclusion based on a collection of broad assumptions and misconceptions about myself and how I treat her. What do you think I do to her? Do you think I beat her? Do you think I try and control who her friends are and who she hangs out with? Do you think I direct her to certain fields of study because I don't like hers? Because that's the kind of person you all seem to think I am.

Hey I don't want any carefully crafted arguments to cause you any epiphanies or anything, but maybe you should examine how so many people came to that conclusion based on the information you've presented and your behavior following their concerns.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 06, 2015, 05:53:45 PM

Hey I don't want any carefully crafted arguments to cause you any epiphanies or anything, but maybe you should examine how so many people came to that conclusion based on the information you've presented and your behavior following their concerns.

Pretty much this, although it might just be him kneejerk  :showus: because of the suddenly onslaught against him. I mean he is a kid, and one who gives off the feeling of being used to be right and logical and smart. Sure his first bit about his gf is still filled with shit, but maybe he's doubling down to prove he's right and we are all wrong, and he'll show us because it's all just text and it is totally impossible to read intention and feeling through text.

Q. G. Pennyworth

When I was 17-18 I was kicked around by no fewer than three guys who were functionally identical to Fernando Poo.

She will grow up and hate you and everything you did to her and every moment she spent with you. If you're very, very lucky she will not attempt to kill herself as a direct result of her interactions with you.

No, I think you are the kind of person who will openly admit to being a manipulative bastard, potentially even wear it on your arm as a badge of honor. I think you will never, ever hit her. I think you will meticulously avoid behaviors ascribed to "abusive" relationships, possibly even using educational materials designed for victims to ensure that you are not crossing any of those lines. I think you will call her crazy, to other people if not to her face. I think you will discount her feelings towards you because you believe by not saying you love her you've somehow set boundaries that she should intuitively understand, and when she develops and sort of healthy attachment because you identify as her boyfriend and that's what people in long term relationships do you will call it unhealthy and do your best to discourage it. I believe you see her and her life merely as an opportunity to practice manipulating people, because you think of yourself as exceptionally intelligent and good at manipulating those who are "beneath" you, and you think these skills will serve you in life. I believe anything she does that does not fall into this narrow acceptable role you've assigned her will be treated as unwelcome.

But go on and say how I think you're a traditional abuser again. It's cute.

Demolition Squid

Why do parenting methods have anything at all to do with your relationship to your girlfriend in your mind?

Leaving aside that you're totally wrong about parenting methods, that's a creepy place your mind went to, bro.

That's an interesting point, actually. I've considered a few ideas regarding the connection before, in my head. Still working on it.

I'd just like to point out that you protested being called paternalistic in one breath and then admitted you've wondered about why your mind jumped to childrearing when you thought about your relationship with her before in the next.

You're a smart guy, right? I don't need to draw the line for you and basically repeat what most of the people ITT have pointed out to you already?
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Demolition Squid

Also: Today was the first time I have run across something I usually think of as 'internet crazy' in my real life.

One of the women in my screenwriting class - who I've gotten on with very well, really, and thought of as being one of the more 'together' of the group - got extremely upset with the tutor running it when he started quizzing her on the details of her 'fantasy world' and pressuring her about how she'd be able to show these things understandably to the audience.

It concluded with 'Well actually, (course tutor name), people like this exist in the real world but we can't see how they work because they operate in the fifth dimension. I know a Breatherian, and it is very possible to alter matter on the atomic level through the power of observation, because that's how electrons work. There's lots of people who can do stuff like this but they only work in communities because they want a quiet life.'

He paused for a moment and then said, 'Very well, but you must understand that you will need to convey how these things work to a mainstream audience if you wish to find funding for your film' and then moved on... which was a lot more diplomatic than I would have expected.

Later on she told me she was feeling a little 'off' today because her homeopath had suggested some new treatments and she was worried it might be too much.

I feel like I lost a lot of opportunities today by defaulting to 'smile and nod' mode.  :sad:

Cain

She's world-building with Breatharianism as a model?

If she ever publishes, you have to tell us her name.

Demolition Squid

Oh yeah, one of her characters is a breatharian.

She also believes one of her friends IRL is a breatharian.

I don't even  :horrormirth:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on June 06, 2015, 07:10:34 PM
Also: Today was the first time I have run across something I usually think of as 'internet crazy' in my real life.

One of the women in my screenwriting class - who I've gotten on with very well, really, and thought of as being one of the more 'together' of the group - got extremely upset with the tutor running it when he started quizzing her on the details of her 'fantasy world' and pressuring her about how she'd be able to show these things understandably to the audience.

It concluded with 'Well actually, (course tutor name), people like this exist in the real world but we can't see how they work because they operate in the fifth dimension. I know a Breatherian, and it is very possible to alter matter on the atomic level through the power of observation, because that's how electrons work. There's lots of people who can do stuff like this but they only work in communities because they want a quiet life.'

He paused for a moment and then said, 'Very well, but you must understand that you will need to convey how these things work to a mainstream audience if you wish to find funding for your film' and then moved on... which was a lot more diplomatic than I would have expected.

Later on she told me she was feeling a little 'off' today because her homeopath had suggested some new treatments and she was worried it might be too much.

I feel like I lost a lot of opportunities today by defaulting to 'smile and nod' mode.  :sad:

:horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on June 06, 2015, 07:55:03 PM
Oh yeah, one of her characters is a breatharian.

She also believes one of her friends IRL is a breatharian.

I don't even  :horrormirth:

My favorite breatharian ever was breatharian except for cheeseburgers. I wonder if I can find his website.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dubya

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 06, 2015, 10:54:41 PM
Quote from: rong on June 06, 2015, 10:37:54 PM
this guy?

That's him.

The page where he explains why cheeseburgers and diet Coke: http://www.breatharian.com/breatharians.html

:horrormirth:

I think Im actually dumber now that Ive read that. Its like a car wreck.  I wanted to stop looking, but I couldnt.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

rong

his workshops are only $1,000,000,000 (that's 100,000 easy payments of $10,000)
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 06, 2015, 06:28:41 PM

No, 1) I think you are the kind of person who will openly admit to being a manipulative bastard, 2) potentially even wear it on your arm as a badge of honor. 3) I think you will never, ever hit her. I think you will meticulously avoid behaviors ascribed to "abusive" relationships, 4) possibly even using educational materials designed for victims to ensure that you are not crossing any of those lines. 5) I think you will call her crazy, to other people if not to her face. 6) I think you will discount her feelings towards you because you believe by not saying you love her you've somehow set boundaries that she should intuitively understand, 7) and when she develops and sort of healthy attachment because you identify as her boyfriend and that's what people in long term relationships do you will call it unhealthy and do your best to discourage it. 8) I believe you see her and her life merely as an opportunity to practice manipulating people, 9) because you think of yourself as exceptionally intelligent and good at manipulating those who are "beneath" you, 10) and you think these skills will serve you in life. 11) I believe anything she does that does not fall into this narrow acceptable role you've assigned her will be treated as unwelcome.

But go on and say how I think you're a traditional abuser again. It's cute.

1) Bingo!

2) Generally, manipulation is a means to an end for me, and a last resort. But I would be lying if I said I never enjoyed it.

3) Yahtzee!

4) Wasn't planning on it, but that's not a bad idea. I strive to make sure I never hurt her.

5) Ah, yes. I realized I never mentioned her mentality or tendencies before my intervention. She was an emotional manipulator, just like her mother and sister. A guilt-tripper, bold and vindictive. She treated me like shit. While she was in that state, I pointed out the psychotic nature of her outbursts and mentality. She eventually got over it. I took her behavior as a challenge. I could've just done what I felt like doing and left her broken and dysfunctional.

6) I understand how emotional pain works. I know how my actions affect her feelings, and I avoid damaging them at most costs. I don't discount them. They are one of my primary concerns in the relationship. Again, making her feel better is one of the primary reasons I do what I do.

7) I don't discourage it. Her attachment is a valid consequence of my affections. It is something I accept and support.

8 ) No, that's not all I see her as. But I'm not going to skip out on such an opportunity.

9) It used to be an ego thing. It's not anymore.

10) It serves as a practical method for achieving some of my goals.

11) Anything that inhibits my achievement will be eradicated. That much is certain. However, as long as she continues doing all within her will that allows for a healthy relationship, then I won't intervene.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 06, 2015, 05:53:45 PM

Don't think I'm ignoring everything you guys are saying, or just discarding it because it doesn't fit with what I currently see. I ponder what you guys say all the time. I haven't stopped thinking about it all day and all night. I'm considering my options and methodology. This forum's feedback is more welcome to me than pretty much any other place I can think of.

Quote from: Demolition Squid on June 06, 2015, 06:46:51 PM

I'd just like to point out that you protested being called paternalistic in one breath and then admitted you've wondered about why your mind jumped to childrearing when you thought about your relationship with her before in the next.

You're a smart guy, right? I don't need to draw the line for you and basically repeat what most of the people ITT have pointed out to you already?

Actually, when my paternal nature was brought up earlier, I didn't understand the reference. It didn't hit me until I saw your post.

Repetition is quite boring. You could probably get away with not saying it.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.