News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 05:53:40 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 06, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 06, 2015, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 05:59:44 AM
I just admitted Kakofonous_A_Dischord to PD.

Because I hate everything and want to die.

Countdown to "You're all grayfaces because you don't accept me for your Discordian Guru/find word salad entertaining"?

Maybe we should play this different this time. Either we love EVerything they say, and encourage more... or, we just answer more and more outlandishly to everything they post.

Look.  The world is ending.  The oceans are turning to slime.  I don't have to listen to outlandish types warble about nothing that makes sense while I fry to death on the desert sandstone.  Really, I don't.

Well sure, we could play this the same way we always do, and it would be a good time. But wouldn't it be fun to try approaching it differently?

You know, since the world is ending anyway, why not fuck around?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on July 06, 2015, 06:32:58 PM

Countdown to "You're all grayfaces because you don't accept me for your Discordian Guru/find word salad entertaining"?

Maybe we should play this different this time. Either we love EVerything they say, and encourage more... or, we just answer more and more outlandishly to everything they post.

Look.  The world is ending.  The oceans are turning to slime.  I don't have to listen to outlandish types warble about nothing that makes sense while I fry to death on the desert sandstone.  Really, I don't.

Well sure, we could play this the same way we always do, and it would be a good time. But wouldn't it be fun to try approaching it differently?

You really want some guy screaming James Joyce misquotes at your deathbed?
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 06, 2015, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 06, 2015, 06:32:58 PM

You really want some guy screaming James Joyce misquotes at your deathbed?

My deathbed is a party. Who would notice?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Sung Low

How can it be that I haven't been listening to The Cramps until now???

Garbageman!  :evil: :lol:

If they've got a bad song, I haven't heard it yet!

The d key has chosen to absent itself

LMNO

They do have a couple of clunkers, but not on the first four or five albums.

They are the shit.  So glad you found them.

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Demolition Squid

I... do not understand what Google is even trying to do there?

What use does this technology have other than being terrifying?

Wasn't their mission objective 'Don't Be Evil?'  :cry:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 07, 2015, 02:22:44 PM

Not since a long time.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=google+drops+dont+be+evil

Google seems to be trying to create AI. ofcourse it is terrifying, have you ever seen your own subconscious? absolutely terrifying.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Demolition Squid on July 07, 2015, 02:22:44 PM

The images are the result of someone noticing their AI for identifying stuff in pictures has basically everything it needs to draw pictures, too. They set the thing to "enhance" whatever it finds in the image and then look at the new image and "enhance" what it finds there too based on whatever thing that AI has been learning to identify.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 20, 2015, 10:24:15 PM
Source finally came forward on that squirrel-slug thing: http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2015/06/inceptionism-going-deeper-into-neural.html

QuoteAgain, we just start with an existing image and give it to our neural net. We ask the network: "Whatever you see there, I want more of it!" This creates a feedback loop: if a cloud looks a little bit like a bird, the network will make it look more like a bird. This in turn will make the network recognize the bird even more strongly on the next pass and so forth, until a highly detailed bird appears, seemingly out of nowhere.

LMNO

I want to put a picture of David Icke in there and see if he becomes a lizard.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 07, 2015, 03:37:04 PM
I want to put a picture of David Icke in there and see if he becomes a lizard.

There is a twitterbot you can send pics to and it'll run. Also this site: http://psychic-vr-lab.com/deepdream/

Cain

So tonight I'm going to finish this article on why calling Dylann Roof a lone wolf is a misnomer (alternatively, "if the white community were subject to anti-radicalization measures to the same extent as Muslims, they'd freak the fuck out"), then look at preparing my proposal for security meeting next week.  I found an interesting little graph from START detaling the rise in terrorism attacks on educational institutes in recent years (which highlights their unusually high death tally), so that's definitely going in.