News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Reginald Ret

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 13, 2015, 02:39:37 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2015, 08:12:11 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 10, 2015, 08:09:24 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 10, 2015, 07:13:22 PM
Wasabi mayonnaise?  What is this wonderful sorcery?

Terrible demon-craft you mean? That poor wasabi....

:lol:

No, that actually sounds like it probably the best thing that could happen to mayonnaise. And I can't say I never eat it, it just has to be in a manner that I don't realize I am eating it. It does sound intriguing though. Certainly better than the sadness that is baconnaise.

It adds something that mayonnaise was missing.

Taste.

Haha, that would definitely be an improvement and I could see that working well. If I ever cross paths with this wasabi mayo, I may have to give it a try
:crankey: Stop insulting mayonnaise!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Q. G. Pennyworth

I have fired therapist and started calling around to find a new one. I really need to get those other installments of Adventures in Therapy done.

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

I was surprise interviewed for the post above the one I applied for today.  Which I didn't know was open.  I think that is a good sign.

LMNO

Cain

We'll see.  School would mean dyslexic children, but it would be in with the younger boys.  Plus it's in the middle of fucking nowhere, on a giant country estate.  It's super fucking quiet.

Cain

And in other news, printed off a billion fucking articles about gangs on my street for tomorrow's meeting

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2015, 09:22:30 PM
We'll see.  School would mean dyslexic children, but it would be in with the younger boys.  Plus it's in the middle of fucking nowhere, on a giant country estate.  It's super fucking quiet.

I used to assist teaching dyslexic kids, way the fuck back in the stone age when I was in university.

It's not so bad.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2015, 09:33:48 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 13, 2015, 09:22:30 PM

I used to assist teaching dyslexic kids, way the fuck back in the stone age when I was in university.

It's not so bad.

I think some of my primary students were dyslexic, back when I was doing that.  They showed a lot of the indications, and I enjoyed teaching them.

As far as I can see, from the pastoral POV, the main "problems" are a) bundles of energy and b) low self-esteem.  The former is fine because I could stand to be more active anyway, and the latter...well, I've been in boarding houses with teenage girls who had enough self-esteem issues to warrant their own psych unit.

rong

I think my girlfriend's 6 yr old son may be dislexic.  I was under the impression that that's too you to tell, but I was wondering if anyone could point out a "giveaway"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

EK WAFFLR

Hello internet. I'm here.

The little red house behind the viking ship. There is internet here. How y'all doing?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on July 12, 2015, 11:36:06 PM
Didn't make it into the internship. :( They had us writing code for a week in a classroom with our fellow candidates.

But that's okay, that was some fierce competition and I made some friends. I'm just going to make them regret passing me over by writing some killer code and getting hired on at another company.

I need a montage.

Aw! Bummer. :( YOU WILL OVERCOME.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 13, 2015, 09:56:45 PM
Wifi-equipped viking ships.   :horrormirth:

HERE WE GO A-VIKING

BY WHICH WE MEAN EMAILING OUR LATTE ORDERS AHEAD SO WE DON'T HAVE TO WAIT
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."