News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

Quote from: Hoopla on August 07, 2015, 07:09:26 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 07, 2015, 06:31:43 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 07, 2015, 06:28:01 PM
:lulz: like 4chan and reddit don't attract 13 year olds and spags

Yeah, but you call them autistic faggets and move on. Fb you do that shit and wjn "wordt person of the year" award.

Ohhh, I get it now. You're not Poptart... you're Delcon.

I mean, same difference basically, but still: good to know.

Still no clue who those people are. Idk I just like 4chan. It's nihlism, prank nature, and exestential crises really make the people there relatable. Plus you're anon, you are only judged by your words. Another good part is people there read. I've never been able to talk about books or philosophy before in sich a real way.
Poe's law ;)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Meunster on August 07, 2015, 07:52:53 PM

Yeah, but you call them autistic faggets and move on. Fb you do that shit and wjn "wordt person of the year" award.

Still no clue who those people are. Idk I just like 4chan. It's nihlism, prank nature, and exestential crises really make the people there relatable. Plus you're anon, you are only judged by your words. Another good part is people there read. I've never been able to talk about books or philosophy before in sich a real way.

You are only judged on your words here, really.

It's just that we have different standards. 

QuoteYeah, but you call them autistic faggets and move on.

See?  I'm judging you on your words right now.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 07, 2015, 09:29:30 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 07, 2015, 07:52:53 PM

You are only judged on your words here, really.

It's just that we have different standards. 

QuoteYeah, but you call them autistic faggets and move on.

See?  I'm judging you on your words right now.

Ditto. I take back some of the less bad things I've said about you. The term "douchenozzle" springs to mind.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Well, it appears that I have been successfully blackballed from my trade in this region.

It's a good thing I'm not the vengeful sort.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2015, 04:04:31 AM
Well, it appears that I have been successfully blackballed from my trade in this region.

I just heard thunder on the horizon...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Good luck, Dok.  I see in no way that this could not be a story someday.

In other news, I'm off to Montana for the annual Land Shark hunt.  Not sure if I'll have conneectivity for the week.

Don't be excessively stupid while I'm gone, yeah?

Bruno

I wondered if that might be the case. Specifically, that guy who was trying to blackmail his son's girlfriend into having sex with him.

Seems like the kind of thing he would do.
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sucks. Seriously, sucks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You do that if you're 12.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 08, 2015, 10:25:17 AM

No, this ain't ever gonna be a story.  I've been forced out of the profession that has taken most of my life to learn.

This isn't about stories.  Sometimes shit is a little more important than stories.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emo Howard on August 08, 2015, 02:58:13 PM
I wondered if that might be the case. Specifically, that guy who was trying to blackmail his son's girlfriend into having sex with him.

Seems like the kind of thing he would do.

Nope.  I know who's doing this.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 08, 2015, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 08, 2015, 10:25:17 AM

No, this ain't ever gonna be a story.  I've been forced out of the profession that has taken most of my life to learn.

This isn't about stories.  Sometimes shit is a little more important than stories.

Oh, THAT profession. Shit. Is this some misguided payback from the plant fiasco?

The Wizard Joseph

No. Not at all. I mean clearly. Bad things just sort of happen to folks that cheese you off. It's just a weird pattern is all.

:ECH: ..but uh.. if you need a hand with a thing, you know, weird pattern things, don't hesitate to ask. If I think can I will and if not certainty put my brain to a thing. These fools think that they know how to lean on a guy... heh..
Forget about it.  :)

Out of curiosity what was the last straw, and did they fire you or perhaps force you to "resign"?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl