News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

21C Man, Part 17: What do you get when you fuck with us?

Started by Doktor Howl, May 04, 2015, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2015, 12:47:05 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:28:38 PM
Jesus. That's a bit of a mess.

Ain't it, though?  There are some days when I feel the world is nothing but pervs and bastards.

This job really brings out my dark side.

What's the new job going to be all about? More of the same? I think you talked about it a little but my memory is leaky.

Not really sure, that's why I haven't jumped ship yet.  The new company wants me, but they aren't sure if I should be the field service manager, or sales/service engineer.  Which doesn't require being an actual engineer.

Yeaahhhhhhh what IS a "sales/service engineer"? That smells like a trap.

Field manager sounds awesome though.

It's actually a thing, and it's an established position.  Both positions opened via the retiring of the people who had them before.  Basically, when a salesman gets in trouble, you figure out how to dig him out.

And when a machine is having consistent problems, you find a workaround.

And when everything is good, you train apprentices.

It's higher pay than the field service manager, and more of what I want to do.  It's what I do now, more or less, but without all the budgetary shit.

Oh, well that sounds cool, then!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."