News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

21C Man, Part 17: What do you get when you fuck with us?

Started by Doktor Howl, May 04, 2015, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2015, 12:47:05 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:43:22 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:40:39 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:29:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:28:38 PM
Jesus. That's a bit of a mess.

Ain't it, though?  There are some days when I feel the world is nothing but pervs and bastards.

This job really brings out my dark side.

What's the new job going to be all about? More of the same? I think you talked about it a little but my memory is leaky.

Not really sure, that's why I haven't jumped ship yet.  The new company wants me, but they aren't sure if I should be the field service manager, or sales/service engineer.  Which doesn't require being an actual engineer.

Yeaahhhhhhh what IS a "sales/service engineer"? That smells like a trap.

Field manager sounds awesome though.

It's actually a thing, and it's an established position.  Both positions opened via the retiring of the people who had them before.  Basically, when a salesman gets in trouble, you figure out how to dig him out.

And when a machine is having consistent problems, you find a workaround.

And when everything is good, you train apprentices.

It's higher pay than the field service manager, and more of what I want to do.  It's what I do now, more or less, but without all the budgetary shit.

Oh, well that sounds cool, then!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."