News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

REPORT STUFF HERE

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, May 04, 2015, 11:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

I want a redesign of my butt
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on May 13, 2015, 10:03:17 AM
DONE.

It is now 50 grams lighter on the left side and 49 grams heavier on the right side. (I accidentally ate a gram when transferring, sorry about that. I shouldn't have skipped lunch.)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 13, 2015, 12:13:08 PM
DONE.

It is now 50 grams lighter on the left side and 49 grams heavier on the right side. (I accidentally ate a gram when transferring, sorry about that. I shouldn't have skipped lunch.)

One gramme of my butt would amount to about 3489 kcal, so you should be set for the day!
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The All-Seeing Waffle on May 13, 2015, 11:17:05 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 13, 2015, 12:13:08 PM
DONE.

One gramme of my butt would amount to about 3489 kcal, so you should be set for the day!
I was wondering why I gained 3 kg.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

POFP

You know you've been in Ohio too long when seeing measurements in the metric system makes you wanna throw down your dip-spit cup in deep, Patriotic anguish.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 14, 2015, 07:56:54 PM
You know you've been in Ohio too long when seeing measurements in the metric system makes you wanna throw down your dip-spit cup in deep, Patriotic anguish.
What is a dip-spit cup, and what does Ohio specifically have to do with the metric system?

LMNO

[requia]

A dip-spit cup is a receptacle into which a person engaged in the act of chewing upon cured and shredded tobacco leaves expectorates a brownish, foul fluid.

Ohio can be considered a "flyover state" and as such certain stereotypes exist, the most relevant to this conversation being that people from Ohio 1) chew upon cured and shredded tobacco leaves, necessitating a spit-dip cup, and 2) are both jingoistically proud of their country and xenophobically antagonistic to the Metric system (because The Other (i.e. the majority of the world) uses it).

As such, POFP's post could be re-written to say, "I'm being subsumed into the dark ignorance of the masses who reside in my state."

[/requia]

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 15, 2015, 01:22:15 PM
[requia]

A dip-spit cup is a receptacle into which a person engaged in the act of chewing upon cured and shredded tobacco leaves expectorates a brownish, foul fluid.

Ohio can be considered a "flyover state" and as such certain stereotypes exist, the most relevant to this conversation being that people from Ohio 1) chew upon cured and shredded tobacco leaves, necessitating a spit-dip cup, and 2) are both jingoistically proud of their country and xenophobically antagonistic to the Metric system (because The Other (i.e. the majority of the world) uses it).

As such, POFP's post could be re-written to say, "I'm being subsumed into the dark ignorance of the masses who reside in my state."

[/requia]
Cool, thanks.

I did not know Ohio had that reputation, and I was hoping that the spit-dip cup was something other than that.

POFP

[requia]

[/requia]

Spot on.

I made the assumption that the details of the stereotypes of the MidWest United States were discussed internationally and widely known. This was based off of a post by a European who referred to the Midwest area near Ohio as "No" on a map, among several other references to stereotypes of the MidWest. Obviously this assumption was fallacious/unjustified. 1 person =/= most other people

I was trying to portray what I've bolded in your post with the dip-spit reference (Lie, I don't spit or dip), but alas, my first assumption allowed me to leave out the necessary background info.

I actually forget if the plurality of this forum's population resides in the United States. I might be able to more appropriately gear my references at local behaviors to this audience with such information.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 16, 2015, 09:04:34 AM
[requia]

[/requia]

Spot on.

I made the assumption that the details of the stereotypes of the MidWest United States were discussed internationally and widely known. This was based off of a post by a European who referred to the Midwest area near Ohio as "No" on a map, among several other references to stereotypes of the MidWest. Obviously this assumption was fallacious/unjustified. 1 person =/= most other people

I was trying to portray what I've bolded in your post with the dip-spit reference (Lie, I don't spit or dip), but alas, my first assumption allowed me to leave out the necessary background info.

I actually forget if the plurality of this forum's population resides in the United States. I might be able to more appropriately gear my references at local behaviors to this audience with such information.
Please don't change the way you post.
I like being confused every once in a while, it allows me to ask an honest question and here I usually get an honest answer.
That is something everyone should get to practice more often.

LMNO

Plus, I get to be pedantic as fuck, and get thanked for it. That's pretty rare around here.

Freeky

That's probably because we like you, and Requia isn't here being all Requia.

POFP

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 16, 2015, 08:14:06 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 16, 2015, 09:04:34 AM
[requia]

[/requia]

Spot on.

Please don't change the way you post.
I like being confused every once in a while, it allows me to ask an honest question and here I usually get an honest answer.
That is something everyone should get to practice more often.

Oh. I'll keep that in mind. I mean, hell, that's one of the reasons I come here, come to think of it.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 16, 2015, 09:09:22 PM
Plus, I get to be pedantic as fuck, and get thanked for it. That's pretty rare around here.

I never understood the negative connotation associated with the word pedantic. Pedantic writing is so organized, it's impossible to fuck up. At least for me, the way I think about the things I read. It helps keep me focused when I read. If I'm reading a long message from one of my friends who dips, I lose interest after a few lines because, well, there's no organization of thought. My mind basically says this: if the thoughts aren't organized at all, then they probably aren't important.

LMNO

Sometimes, especially on the internet, pedantic=pretentious.

POFP