News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED 2016 Starting Early With Batshittery Thread.

Started by Doktor Howl, May 18, 2015, 03:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Still wondering if my position on gay marriage is the result of my ideological point of view being biased due to racial contexts. What about the NSA's domestic surveillance program? Do I really oppose that or is that just my privilege talking?

hooplala

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on May 28, 2015, 06:04:27 AM
Still wondering if my position on gay marriage is the result of my ideological point of view being biased due to racial contexts. What about the NSA's domestic surveillance program? Do I really oppose that or is that just my privilege talking?

Let's just leave it at Ron Paul doesn't like the way I think, and I am ok with that.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"Nigel is always right" is a fucking in-joke, FFS. I'm always right the way a fifteen-year-old is always rational.

And shit, yeah, sometimes people need to stop and wonder whether maybe, just MAYBE they're wrong because they're missing part of the picture. It can be a startling thought, if you open yourself up to it, to consider that something you have been taking for granted as TRUE may be seen as FALSE by people who are more affected by it than you are. It may even take a moment of pause, some reflection, and a little flexibility of intellect.

To judge someone's inner process based on a few brief outward expressions is, IMO, pure arrogance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Still wondering if my position on gay marriage is the result of my ideological point of view being biased due to racial contexts.
Wondering about the possible causes for your position on ethical issues is always a good thing.

What about the NSA's domestic surveillance program? Do I really oppose that or is that just my privilege talking?
Wrong question, please get back to wondering if your position is caused by things.

Can you honestly not tell the difference between asking yourself why you think something and asking yourself what thought you should have?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

METAPHOR TIME!

I am correct in believing that if I let go of my pencil, it will fall to the ground.

Should it matter that I believe it falls to the ground because a tiny demon grabs it and carries it there?

Should I question those beliefs if, for example, someone tries to explain the relationship of mass and gravity?

I suppose it doesn't matter though, I am correct about what will happen to the pencil when I let go of it.  Better not to question why.

Cain

STOP ATTACKING TINY DEMONS - half of all Republican presidential candidates.

Junkenstein

TINY DEMONS TERKING YER JERBS - The other half of Republican candidates.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Gee whiz, Ron. A witch-hunt is only fun if everyone gets in on it, and you seem to be alone in the town square, pitchfork in the air and ass in the breeze. I mean, Hoopla IS a witch and will be sent to Pervert Hell when his time comes, but that's for "Bob" to decide.

You sure seem intent on lambasting him for a lack of ideological purity.

hooplala

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 02, 2015, 04:11:31 PM
Gee whiz, Ron. A witch-hunt is only fun if everyone gets in on it, and you seem to be alone in the town square, pitchfork in the air and ass in the breeze. I mean, Hoopla IS a witch and will be sent to Pervert Hell when his time comes, but that's for "Bob" to decide.

I prefer the term "warlock".

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Hoopla on June 02, 2015, 09:25:30 PM

But do you prefer that term as a principled choice, or did you perhaps CHANGE YOUR MIND AT SOME POINT?!?!?!

Because we have rules about that sort of thing, mister.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 03, 2015, 04:48:03 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 02, 2015, 09:25:30 PM

But do you prefer that term as a principled choice, or did you perhaps CHANGE YOUR MIND AT SOME POINT?!?!?!

Because we have rules about that sort of thing, mister.

Don't EVEN tell me that the reason you changed your mind was Black. Reconsidering for Black reasons is just spineless.

hooplala

I have a dartboard with differing concepts and ideologies on them. I toss a few darts everyday and Mad Lib my beliefs.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Hoopla on June 03, 2015, 07:28:33 AM
I have a dartboard with differing concepts and ideologies on them. I toss a few darts everyday and Mad Lib my beliefs.
That is irrelevant.
Are there Black parts on that dartboard?
Did you use Black letters?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"