News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Fill your bracket

Started by LMNO, May 26, 2015, 02:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

LMNO

In case you were wondering, here's how mine panned out in the end.

East Coast Hustle

I've got Kurt Russell vs. Scallops in the final, but I can't decide which one of those things I like more.

I'm giving it to Kurt Russell, because while scallops are amazingly delicious things, they can also be disappointing (overcooked or those shitty little bay scallops) and because no Scallop was ever Snake Goddamn Plissken.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dubya

:lulz:

Ran it twice so far, first time came out jack daniels v scallops, with jd taking a narrow win.

Second time came out jack nickelson v bill Murray. Still undecided.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

EK WAFFLR

Gene Wilder Vs. Jack Nicholson
The Doctor   Vs. Beyond Thunderdome.

Undecided.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

hooplala

This is like a sports thing, isn't it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Only if you consider

Jenny McCarthy
vs
Joe McCarthy
vs
Eugene McCarthy
vs
Eugene V. Debs

to be a sport.

So, yes.

Cain

Fats Domino versus Beyond the Thunderdome.

LMNO

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 26, 2015, 08:06:37 PM
Only if you consider

Jenny McCarthy
vs
Joe McCarthy
vs
Eugene McCarthy
vs
Eugene V. Debs

to be a sport.

So, yes.

I mean the way the brackets thing works.  I've seen people use them to rank sport teams... are they usually used in other ways? Sorry I'm veering off topic, just curious.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Nah, it's a sports thing. Used in tournaments, the winner of the matchup advances to compete against other winners, etc.

The joke here's that the things "competing" are only related by similar sounding names and/or pop culture references, and "better" is completely subjective.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 26, 2015, 10:56:08 PM
Nah, it's a sports thing. Used in tournaments, the winner of the matchup advances to compete against other winners, etc.

The joke here's that the things "competing" are only related by similar sounding names and/or pop culture references, and "better" is completely subjective.

I can't find shit on the right that's worth a damn.  It comes down to Eugene Debs vs Thunderdome.  And we know how THAT would end.
Molon Lube

LMNO

You couldn't find anything? Bill Murray? Mr Rogers? Doctor Strangelove? Not even Siouxie Sioux?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 27, 2015, 12:05:42 AM
You couldn't find anything? Bill Murray? Mr Rogers? Doctor Strangelove? Not even Siouxie Sioux?

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.
Molon Lube