News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

I Have Some Life-Changing Decisions to Make

Started by POFP, June 14, 2015, 07:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:36:01 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2015, 06:28:19 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 15, 2015, 05:58:47 PM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
I'm quite new to this subject. Stating that I'm an idiot while providing a correction is redundant.

No, it isn't.  I occasionally correct people without saying they're idiots.  Nigel and Cain correct me all the time without saying I'm an idiot.

You basically repeated the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh narrative as if it were true.  Guess what that makes you?

Misinformed.

That's one way to say it, yes.

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:13:38 PMI can only use the information I have.

No.  You can go check the narrative against the facts.  In this case, it's an easy trip down memory lane, to 7th grade social studies.

My point was, I didn't have the information that would be derived from that comparison because I didn't make that comparison. I guess my mistake was choosing not to look up this information beforehand. However, figuring out new information was the entire point of this thread. This thread is serving its purpose. I am learning new information, including the information you've so

Yeah no. You obviously have the internet, which means that  if you have an inquisitive mind you have the information.

If you don't have an inquisitive mind, well I guess just good fucking luck kiddo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 15, 2015, 05:08:57 PM
Wow.

This was already a possibility. I've got the year of physical labor under my belt already. I've got a certification in Microsoft Excel (All three levels? I'll have to check again.) and ITIL Foundations, which came from a technology grant I acquired right after high school. So I don't know if I'll go to college considering I have access to a lot of entry level jobs with growth potential, just by having the Microsoft Excel cert and a technology background.

Also, I think physical labor makes you dumber in some aspects (Maybe it was just the kinds of labor jobs I was doing.), but smarter in others. By that I mean, I'm probably more coordinated and athletic than I've ever been, but I can't do shit with computers, compared to what I used to.

Please don't try to join. Physical labor doesn't make you dumber. You not practicing your technical skills made you dumber.

Annnnd this
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Actually, this is already in the works. I start at the Bujinkan dojo as soon as I get my desk job. I've practiced a bit before as well.

Lolllllllll has to be a troll. Well-played, son.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:49:31 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 15, 2015, 05:08:57 PM
Wow.

This was already a possibility. I've got the year of physical labor under my belt already. I've got a certification in Microsoft Excel (All three levels? I'll have to check again.) and ITIL Foundations, which came from a technology grant I acquired right after high school. So I don't know if I'll go to college considering I have access to a lot of entry level jobs with growth potential, just by having the Microsoft Excel cert and a technology background.

Also, I think physical labor makes you dumber in some aspects (Maybe it was just the kinds of labor jobs I was doing.), but smarter in others. By that I mean, I'm probably more coordinated and athletic than I've ever been, but I can't do shit with computers, compared to what I used to.

Please don't try to join. Physical labor doesn't make you dumber. You not practicing your technical skills made you dumber.

Annnnd this

When he posted that I was all, "oh sweet baby Jesus. He will get eaten alive by everyone with that mindset." Life ain't no point-buy RPG where you have to choose between brains or brawn. Nevermind the total dumb with that mindset and thinking to join the military, as if soldiering isn't physical labor.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:48:09 PM
I'm quite new to this subject. Stating that I'm an idiot while providing a correction is redundant.

No, it isn't.  I occasionally correct people without saying they're idiots.  Nigel and Cain correct me all the time without saying I'm an idiot.

You basically repeated the Fox News/Rush Limbaugh narrative as if it were true.  Guess what that makes you?

Misinformed.

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:13:38 PMI can only use the information I have.

No.  You can go check the narrative against the facts.  In this case, it's an easy trip down memory lane, to 7th grade social studies.

My point was, I didn't have the information that would be derived from that comparison because I didn't make that comparison. I guess my mistake was choosing not to look up this information beforehand. However, figuring out new information was the entire point of this thread. This thread is serving its purpose. I am learning new information, including the information you've so

Yeah no. You obviously have the internet, which means that  if you have an inquisitive mind you have the information.

If you don't have an inquisitive mind, well I guess just good fucking luck kiddo.

Some information is not interesting to me because I don't see its connection to the things I do find to be important. Obviously this information was a bit more important than I thought it was, or at least its connection to important information was more important than I thought it was. I also have a lot going on right now in regards to endless doubleshifts at work, etc., so researching all of this is not necessarily a priority right now. I accept that I'm not super knowledgeable on the subject, and that I probably won't be for a little while. I don't think that makes me stupid, though.

I mean, if my career was based on that information, and I wasn't trying to learn it, then that would make me stupid. I don't know, maybe trying to talk about it on a forum without research is stupid.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:51:35 PM

Actually, this is already in the works. I start at the Bujinkan dojo as soon as I get my desk job. I've practiced a bit before as well.

Lolllllllll has to be a troll. Well-played, son.

?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:48:09 PM

Misinformed.

He was also going with the say-so of the recruiters about his projected ASVAB, and had this whole "the military will have you do what it wants not what you want and you're going to soak up bullets in a desert" when so much of that on the interwebs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 06:57:56 PM
Some information is not interesting to me because I don't see its connection to the things I do find to be important. Obviously this information was a bit more important than I thought it was, or at least its connection to important information was more important than I thought it was. I also have a lot going on right now in regards to endless doubleshifts at work, etc., so researching all of this is not necessarily a priority right now. I accept that I'm not super knowledgeable on the subject, and that I probably won't be for a little while. I don't think that makes me stupid, though.

I mean, if my career was based on that information, and I wasn't trying to learn it, then that would make me stupid. I don't know, maybe trying to talk about it on a forum without research is stupid.

Woooowwwwlook at all this rambling internal processing that totally doesn't need to be voiced because nobody cares.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 07:03:06 PM

Woooowwwwlook at all this rambling internal processing that totally doesn't need to be voiced because nobody cares.

It was clarifying that my inquisitiveness is temporarily set-back, or barred from exercise. Not completely non-existent.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Doktor Howl

Good point. I also probably should've paid more attention in AP Government.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

AP Government, yet you don't know what the duties of the various branches are?  Come on.

Okay, I'm done with this douchebag.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2015, 12:59:46 AM

AP Government, yet you don't know what the duties of the various branches are?  Come on.

It's a classic SGitR complex.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 15, 2015, 07:06:32 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 07:03:06 PM

It was clarifying that my inquisitiveness is temporarily set-back, or barred from exercise. Not completely non-existent.

Have you ever considered shutting up when you don't know what you're talking about, or when it's irrelevant to everything and everyone other than yourself?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 16, 2015, 01:53:58 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2015, 12:59:46 AM

It's a classic SGitR complex.

It's more that he consistently makes claims to education and/or experience he simply hasn't had.

There's a word for that.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on June 16, 2015, 04:03:22 AM
"I troll u, LEL" in 3...2....1...

SOCIOLOLGCAL EXPERIMENT.

And we did exactly what he expected.
Molon Lube

hooplala

We need to write a text book or something.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman