News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

The World Unseeing Ebook!

Started by tammywilding, June 14, 2015, 12:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tammywilding

I can't claim it's great literature, or that it's literally great, or that it's particularly literate, but it's a Book !
In fact it's an Electronic Book. It's fantasy. It's Catch 23 meets Harry Potter, meets Game of Thrones, meets the Hobbit, possibly with acid involved. they certainly drink some interesting tea!
Anyhow, if you Dollars to throw away, why not throw them my way, for a funny Ebook!
Link below!

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00XJTETCY

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 14, 2015, 05:10:03 PM
And you are...?

I am going to go with "a spammer we will never hear from again".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Tammy, thank you for your post.

Going by your email, you appear to be a real person and not a bot.  As such, you should know that while PD does allow members to advertise their own products, we do prefer that members be active parts of the community before doing so.

Faust

Yeah, what Cain said, feel free to promote your book, but unless I know you better or you tell me more theres not a hope I'll pick it up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reginald Ret

Quote from: tammywilding on June 14, 2015, 12:40:14 PM
I can't claim it's great literature, or that it's literally great, or that it's particularly literate, but it's a Book !
In fact it's an Electronic Book. It's fantasy. It's Catch 23 meets Harry Potter, meets Game of Thrones, meets the Hobbit, possibly with acid involved. they certainly drink so interesting tea!
Anyhow, if you Dollars to throw away, why not throw them my way, for a funny Ebook!
Link below!

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00XJTETCY
Catch 23 is several seafood restaurants.

Also, according to urban dictionary it is:
Quote1. Revenge for the happening of a catch or catch-22.

2. A consequence for lies or a deceptive course of action.

3. An act of solving a problem by creating a larger problem.

Harry Potter = Ridiculously stupid and inconsistent magic system. Also, irresponsible authority figures.
Game of Thrones = Almost no magic. Also, main characters die.
The hobbit = A story where the hero consistently saves his employers by using common sense, apparently he is the only one who has it.

So we have irresponsible authority figures, important characters die all the time, and common sense is uncommon. In this damn boring setting I would bloody well need acid to keep awake.

The rest of your post makes me not want to read anything you write.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

tammywilding

Well, it's just a socio political comedy, but hey , if you don't want it, you don't have it!
SO, how do you contribute to a forum then?
Who am I?
I'm just another ordinary person who has written a book.
Do I need special qualifications or permission to do that?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tammywilding on June 15, 2015, 05:55:53 PM
Well, it's just a socio political comedy, but hey , if you don't want it, you don't have it!
Who am I?

No, Tammy, no special qualifications are required.  However, while we in fact encourage our members to post their work or links to the sale of their work, we also prefer that they BE members.

Up in the Richard Nixon School of the Arts subforum, there is an introductions thread.  Why not post there, and tell us a little something about yourself?

(Watch out for Nigel, though.)
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

The introduction thread is stickied (ie, it's in the top 5 threads on the page at any given moment).
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Who am I?

Is this also how you introduce yourself at dinner parties?

HEY BUY MY BOOK why yes hello I would enjoy some salad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF OR CONTRIBUTE TO CONVERSATIONS

WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I LIKE TO BUST INTO RANDOM SOCIAL SPACES AND BE LIKE, FUCKERS, BUY MY BOOOOOOOOOOK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 15, 2015, 06:56:00 PM
Who am I?

Is this also how you introduce yourself at dinner parties?

HEY BUY MY BOOK why yes hello I would enjoy some salad.
Sounds almost as appropriate as chatting with your girlfriend's dad about fisting when you first meet him.
My balls itch...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Once upon a time I was a member of the Science Fiction club at UMass. We had the moderate honor of being the second largest library of science fiction books in the northeast (damn you, MIT). We were also a bunch of lazy college students and behaved as such. So, one day we realized that there was a mailbox for the club at the Student Union, and nobody had checked it for months. The officers went up there and grabbed a package that had been waiting no shit for at least 3 months. It said "chicken and cheese enchiladas" on the side. "Keep frozen."

The suspicious package was brought down to the campus center basement and a large trash can prepared to dump the contents into as soon as the seals were broken. Someone cut the tape and inside...

Was a pile of books.

The letter inside went something to the effect of "This is my book. I'm really terrible at promoting myself, but I am really good at giving things away. Please take these copies of my book and hand them out to people, and maybe someone will like it!"

I still have a copy of chicken and cheese enchiladas on my bookshelf.

Your creative marketing campaign pales in comparison.