News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Suggest Discordian Texts Here

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 14, 2013, 04:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cramulus on June 10, 2014, 02:48:44 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 14, 2013, 04:37:17 AM
I need more pages for things. I'm reading through what I can find on scribd right now, but recommendations on quotables and short essays would be tremendously helpful. I can only use things that are kopyleft or written by folks here I can ask for permissions.

here's the "best of" the Fractal Cult project, in chronological order - kopyleft, all rites reversed

http://fractalcult.tumblr.com/tagged/fractalcore/chrono

You still have a copyright notice on the page. Thanks for the link :D

Cramulus

dingo was just helping out QG by answering her request, he didn't even bring up his project

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 10, 2014, 03:33:57 PM
You still have a copyright notice on the page. Thanks for the link :D

hah, I never noticed that! I think it's bundled with the theme, and I can't find that copyright notice in the code. Ah well, consider it kopyleft anyway. Or more specifically, creative commons-- no permission needed to chop edit hack slash it up for your needs

worth noting this is just a "best of" collection, and I was spotty about tagging stuff that I thought went in that category. If you view the full blog, there's a lot more content, though most of it is imagery. I think I hit all the rants and parables in the "best of" (tumblr tag: fractalcore)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on June 10, 2014, 03:53:39 PM
dingo was just helping out QG by answering her request, he didn't even bring up his project

Dingo can kiss my horrible, scabby ass.

I don't care for him much, you see.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 10, 2014, 05:47:29 AM
Hey, it's Placid Dingo. That guy who never shows up here anymore for some odd reason, yet pops in to suggest discordian texts. How odd.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 02:07:25 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 10, 2014, 05:47:29 AM
Hey, it's Placid Dingo. That guy who never shows up here anymore for some odd reason, yet pops in to suggest discordian texts. How odd.

I can't imagine he's got something to promote, or anything.

Now you two bastards have done it.  He'll be crowing about what an "internet leper" he is, non-stop, on facebook.  He seems to have taken a perverse type of pride in having managed to offend PD. 

So, yeah, he only posts here when there's opportunity for some weird kind of guru-ship, mostly having to deal with old, dusty, and busted shit from Discordia.

Well that puts him in some pretty solid company.

By which I mean the likes of Uncle BadTouch, RWHN, Eartha, and Laz.

Whatta guy.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Though I personally am not so much offended as absolutely flabbergasted at how willing he was to render his entire project pretty damned irrelevant over a bit of personal butthurt revolving around a pederast and a thief (who happen to be the exact same person).

But I guess he got a nice little vacation out of it all, and probably gets to use that as a tax write-off. So maybe he's smarter than us after all. :lulz:

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Sorry, GQ, I'll stop spagging up your thread now.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

It's not kopyleft, but Terry Pratchett's novel The Thief of Time contains a good deal of Discordian and SubGenius symbolism
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago