News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Pathfinder NPC Morale/Loyalty Rules.

Started by Doktor Howl, July 10, 2015, 01:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: President Television on July 31, 2015, 09:45:04 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 08:32:14 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 31, 2015, 03:34:31 PM
I think I remember that now. If I recall correctly the feats in Pathfinder and later editions of DhD tended to be on a tree. Could it simply be done that way?

No.  Cohorts are followers, not leaders.  While they are a cohort, they may not benefit from the leadership feat.

Also, the "leadership feats" I was discussing are supplemental.  "Commanding Voice" is one, for example, that raises the DC of loyalty and morale checks by 2.  Requires Cha 13+ and BAB1.  There's a tree of feats that comes off of this.

Oh, ok. I was misreading Joseph's reference to "leadership feats." My bad.

Gotcha Dok!

And no sweat Prez TV.

I was overall taken by the "sulk" effect. I don't recall seeing anything quite like it.

There could perhaps even be illusion spells that induce it or negate it. Imagine rolling through the wrong enchanted forest with a large expedition that keeps having folks rage quit and wander off in the night. There's a lot of story potential in this mechanic alone.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 31, 2015, 09:51:30 PM

I was overall taken by the "sulk" effect. I don't recall seeing anything quite like it.

I have the advantage of having led troops IRL.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 10:35:42 PM

Realism! In a fantasy campaign!? MADNESS!!  :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 31, 2015, 10:52:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 10:35:42 PM

Realism! In a fantasy campaign!? MADNESS!!  :lulz:

You haven't seen EPIC SULK until you've seen a 19 year old holding an M60 machine gun while pouting.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Anyway, time to do the final write up on tomorrow's adventure.

Will post results tomorrow night.  Then the Sunday group on Sunday night (we didn't have a Sunday game last week).
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 11:00:59 PM
Anyway, time to do the final write up on tomorrow's adventure.

Will post results tomorrow night.  Then the Sunday group on Sunday night (we didn't have a Sunday game last week).

Dope!

Slightly related, I've had some variant of "Marvin" rolling around in my head and have kicked around some story bits, mostly character bits about a bearer and how Marvin might be found. I kinda want to write a few up, but definitely prefer to wait until whenever you should choose to post Marvin's write-up. When I do they're yours if you find any useful plot seeds. I just hope to get the crazy bastard (puns!) out of my head.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

I'm running a game right now with lots of stupid smelly henchman that die all the time, and I think I'll use the system here for modifying morale based on PC Charisma.

At the last session, we had one of those moments... ghoul rolls a crit. The last PC drops. "Well I guess that's a TPK"

One of the PCs goes "Hey... one of the henchmen is carrying a healing potion. And he only has 3 hit points at max, so that health potion isn't gonna help him. He knows he can't get out of the dungeon without the adventurers... does he save us?"

I let the PC roll a morale check for the henchmen -- pass! He randomly chose which PC to feed it to, and a few quaffs later, the party managed to stand and fight off the last two ghouls.

Doktor Howl

Going to reincorporate these into the new campaign.
Molon Lube