News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Swingers cucks and cheaters oh my.

Started by Meunster, July 17, 2015, 03:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 18, 2015, 04:17:19 AM
Shit! I accidentally deleted my last post while trying to modify it!

But yes. Without a rigid definition of "emotional maturity" and scientific testing we're both just blowing a bunch of hot air. Come to think of it, we'd also need a rigorous definition of "bad". I think there's definitely some minimum cutoff for required emotional maturity below which things do indeed get bad, but I'd wager the cutoff is lower than where you think it is, instead being in the range of violent posessiveness and actually disordered personalities.

But until I can find anything solid for or against, I will concede the argument.

Some of us here actually have degrees in psychology and have studied sexuality and human development. If you actually have a modicum of curiosity about the topic, there are countless books and articles to be found at the library. If you want to sound like an ignorant creep on the internet, though, just keep doing what you're doing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 17, 2015, 07:24:32 PM
To the OP: The right way is the way that works for all the people involved in the relationship.

That's the best advice in this thread

Besides the you know, don't fuck children side point
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Meunster on July 18, 2015, 06:15:58 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 17, 2015, 07:24:32 PM
To the OP: The right way is the way that works for all the people involved in the relationship.

That's the best advice in this thread

Besides the you know, don't fuck children side point

Which, fortunately, I think most of the people here didn't need to be told, for obvious reasons.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 17, 2015, 02:26:47 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 17, 2015, 01:37:38 PM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 17, 2015, 05:00:07 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 17, 2015, 03:57:53 AM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on July 17, 2015, 03:53:41 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 17, 2015, 03:23:02 AM
You don't sound mature enough to be fucking.
Why should he need to be mature? Of age should be sufficient

Ewwwwwwwww.

I think you read my post backwards. I said they do have to be of age.

There's a difference between "not illegal" and "not gross" that you seem to be missing here. Age of consent laws are designed to prevent people who are too immature to consent to sexual activity from being taken advantage of by more mature people. The laws by necessity use age as an approximation of maturity, because there's no way to legally define the latter. Your statement can easily be read as "I would gladly fuck someone who isn't capable of comprehending the ramifications of sexual activity as long as I won't go to jail for it." Which is ewwwww.
What are the ramifications, assuming you remember to use a condom? Because it seems like a simple condpm would take care of most of them (assuming it doesn't break; that scenario has never been likely but people seem to love to bring it up because of the ocasional times that it does happen. Maybe every time I drive a car I should be overly apprehensive about the possibility that the brakes might fail; that's something that occasionally happens too)

EDIT:
It was always my understanding that age of consent laws were based on a combination the assumption that anyone prepubescent would be so unlikely to want sex that it could safely be assumed to be rape, and attempts by purtianical interests to oppress teenage lovers because they see all sexuality as wrong and teenagers are a non-voting demographic that can be safely oppressed in this regard.

"THIS IS HOW WE DO IT."
- The Ramones
Molon Lube

Juana

Uh, age of consent laws are designed to protect kids from predatory adults. But some places won't do anything about that shit if the parents of the minor are okay with it. Like, I'm a mandated reporter and I filed a CPS report any a 14 year old dating a 32 year old last year. The social worker asked me if the girl's parents were cool with it (which I did not ask about bc uh???).
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 29, 2020, 08:59:45 PM
Uh, age of consent laws are designed to protect kids from predatory adults. But some places won't do anything about that shit if the parents of the minor are okay with it. Like, I'm a mandated reporter and I filed a CPS report any a 14 year old dating a 32 year old last year. The social worker asked me if the girl's parents were cool with it (which I did not ask about bc uh???).

How is that even a question?
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2020, 09:08:26 PM

Arranged marriages in the US are or have been a thing? Cause the logic sounds similar.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

LMNO

As far as I know, yes.  Of course, they're not called that, but when parents sign consent to marry forms between their 13 year old daughter and a 65 year old evangelical guy, yeah.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-childmarriage-reform/child-brides-call-on-us-states-to-end-legal-rape-idUSKCN1MZ024

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 29, 2020, 09:28:32 PM
As far as I know, yes.  Of course, they're not called that, but when parents sign consent to marry forms between their 13 year old daughter and a 65 year old evangelical guy, yeah.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-childmarriage-reform/child-brides-call-on-us-states-to-end-legal-rape-idUSKCN1MZ024

"Lawmakers are often reluctant to introduce reforms because they believe marriage is the best solution to teenage pregnancies and they do not want to stifle religious freedoms."

Burn it all down.
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 29, 2020, 09:08:26 PM

Beats me. He ought to be taken behind a barn and shot.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

Quote from: LMNO on January 29, 2020, 09:28:32 PM

Well, as long as it's within the context and sanctity of marriage, its NOT one of the defining characteristics of a "shithole country"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pergamos

I kinda wish this thread had been about cheating, or non monogamy, rather than pedophilia.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on January 31, 2020, 02:34:23 AM
I kinda wish this thread had been about cheating, or non monogamy, rather than pedophilia.

It is morally wrong to not bigfoot a Muenster thread.
Molon Lube

Cramulus