News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 10:48:08 PM
Have you considered acting like a human being?
What does this even fucking mean?

Acosmicist in a nutshell.

Doktor Howl

Problem isolated.
Molon Lube

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Meunster

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 11:02:29 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 04, 2015, 10:55:26 PM
I support autism awareness
That's ableist.
What? No I like autistic people, they should be normal,  but with autism. You know? Nothing wrong, one doesn't choose to be autistic. They should be treated without stigma and allowed to do what ever they would like. If they want to drive, sure, go to school? Even better. Work? That's good. Own a computer and register for this site? No skin off my nose, glad to have you.

Poe's law ;)

Acosmicist

I think what you guys might be trying to say is, "You wouldn't like it if we came to your super serious forum and just went around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, would you?"

Yes.

Meunster

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 11:10:11 PM
I think what you guys might be trying to say is, "You wouldn't like it if we came to your super serious forum and just went around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, would you?"

Yes.

Think we're more saying.
Less jerk and less seriousness
Poe's law ;)

Acosmicist

Quote from: Meunster on August 04, 2015, 11:11:47 PM
Think we're more saying.
Okay. I'll see what I can do.

This is going to be really difficult.

Meunster

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 11:25:57 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 04, 2015, 11:11:47 PM
Think we're more saying.
Okay. I'll see what I can do.

This is going to be really difficult.

Go out and play I sunk it for an hour. That should do it.
Poe's law ;)

Acosmicist

Quote from: Meunster on August 04, 2015, 11:29:53 PM
I'm going to regret asking what that game is.
Is that an innuendo for something... inappropriate?
Because I've never done that ever in my life...

Meunster

Quote from: Acosmicist on August 04, 2015, 11:39:53 PM
Quote from: Meunster on August 04, 2015, 11:29:53 PM
I'm going to regret asking what that game is.
Is that an innuendo for something... inappropriate?
Because I've never done that ever in my life...

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/73.php
Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 04, 2015, 03:34:07 PM
You were openly shitting up other conversations, and now you're butthurt because your clutter was moved into one thread?
No. I think it's funny. As if I'm supposed to go, "I sincerely apologize, and I will be more respectful, thanks for giving me the opportunity to learn my lesson and talk me through how I should behave. May I have your permission to bump the first three threads with polite responses?"

Can't tell whether you're a garden-variety drunk, or have some kind of personality disorder that forces you to act like a bratty 11-year-old on the Internet.

Fortunately, I don't care, because the end result is the same and pretty soon I will forget you existed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes.

Jesus fuck.. No. We aren't complete hypocrites. What we're asking is that if you come to our super serious forum and just go around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, at least be funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 05, 2015, 01:30:40 AM

Yes.

Jesus fuck.. No. We aren't complete hypocrites. What we're asking is that if you come to our super serious forum and just go around breaking unspoken rules and being a jerk to everyone, at least be funny.

Think a clarification is in order here. Acosmicist this forum is remarkably hard to get banned from for simply saying things. That said, if you wish to spend your time in a barrel acting an ass and being boring about it will certainly you there. It's almost like you...

Actually I'm not inclined to state my analysis or finish this post. You're a high risk, profoundly low yield waste of my words. Carry on, if you must.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

President Television

Yeah, the whole deal is that we never actually silence anyone. We just give them a little quarantine thread, and if they decide to stop posting like dickbags, they're free to do so. We, however, are also free to ridicule them. As a result, usually they leave after a bit.

Note that no longer posting like a dickbag doesn't necessarily entail any grovelling. It's exactly what it says on the tin. If you make a post that is helpful, funny, original, or at least doesn't consist of perpetuating your bullshit/drama, it won't get moved over here. At least, that's my understanding of the practice. I'm not a mod or admin.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.