News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2016, 06:57:19 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on November 09, 2016, 06:30:46 AM
Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on November 09, 2016, 06:24:47 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on November 09, 2016, 06:03:49 AM
Fuck all you weak-ass white folk in the US thinking about leaving. I'm staying. Fuck these wanabe facists. I am going to work harder for my fellow persons to be treated like fucking people.

And, maybe bust some nazi kneecaps.

I'm at least going to look in to getting out while the getting's good. With luck though it'll take them more than four years to get past the jews and the trade unionists

Not me. I'm going with "Suicide by Brownshirt".

I'm going with "blend in and fuck shit up".

Yeah. Not sure I can pull off the blending in part, and I'm not sure what shit to fuck up if I did.

I could probably goad one of them into attacking me, and then self-defense them to death. You know, pull a Zimmerman.
Formerly something else...

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 09, 2016, 07:21:58 AM
I could probably goad one of them into attacking me, and then self-defense them to death. You know, pull a Zimmerman.

Literally fantasizing about murder because you lost an election.

Bruno

Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 09, 2016, 07:27:53 AM

So you're saying Zimmerman murdered Martin?
Formerly something else...

Vanadium Gryllz

Well, congrats RP. Your boy seems to have done it.

Good luck everyone.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 09, 2016, 07:32:48 AM
Quote from: xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed) on November 09, 2016, 07:27:53 AM

So you're saying Zimmerman murdered Martin?

Yes. Although I think the prosecution should have went with manslaughter because it would have been easier to prove and they probably could have stuck him with it.

If you want to know why you lost just read back through this thread. Most of you flat out refused to engage with opposing viewpoints, the few that did didnt even have a response to half of it. You all spent the election wringing your hands over the possibility the Trumpenfurer but you all remain willfully, even PROUDLY ignorant about what motivates his supporters. It is impossible to change anyones mind with your attitude, so you didnt. And you lost. And now youre openly flirting with the last refuge of the incompetent.

NeonWytch

RIP climate, RIP dow, RIP RNC, and RIP DNC.
The time of change has come.
We live in The Age of The Weird.
A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

QueenThera

Fuck. I really want to know now when in the timeline of a country turning fascist is it best to leave.

Also, how the fuck can we reform how voting works? I really want to live in a country right now where third party votes could be distributed to the one who needed them, but I am honestly clueless on how you fix that. I'm not sure electing people works for that.

(Also, someone drew up a legitimate worst case scenario for a Trump presidency more nuanced than "nuclear war", right? Supreme Court nominees, environmental protections, war crimes, the stupid FUCKING wall...? What's likely to happen?)
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on November 09, 2016, 07:57:30 AM
Fuck. I really want to know now when in the timeline of a country turning fascist is it best to leave.

No no no. How many times to do I have to explain it. Trump isnt a fascist, fascists are what come AFTER Trump.

(Also, someone drew up a legitimate worst case scenario for a Trump presidency more nuanced than "nuclear war", right? Supreme Court nominees, environmental protections, war crimes, the stupid FUCKING wall...? What's likely to happen?)

Literally doesnt know why this is even bad.

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2016, 07:59:53 AM
What's likely to happen?

Hilarity ensues.

And horror. Don't forget horror. If you're following the brexit model properly then people are already being attacked in the street.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Faust

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 09, 2016, 11:16:18 AM
What's likely to happen?

Hilarity ensues.

And horror. Don't forget horror. If you're following the brexit model properly then people are already being attacked in the street.

It's not real world, but r/TheDonald have been going into reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/ and telling people upset by the election to kill themselves.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

My friends look like a GOP hit list:
Gay
Black
Lesbian
Trans
Women
Muslim

I'm fucking terrified for them.  A Trump presidency could be manageable, if somewhat embarrassing.  But with full GOP control of the house, senate, and White House, I expect the following to happen before 2018:

ACA overturned
Welfare programs slashed
Social Security gutted
LGBTQ rights rescinded
Abortion/Women's health programs restricted
One, if not two, regressive Supreme Court picks
Carbon emissions/fracking deregulated
Paris Accord unheeded
Iran deal dropped
Refugee program halted
Deportations escalated

As I've said before, as an older white middle-class male, I'll be fine, most likely. 

But it's not about me.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Faust on November 09, 2016, 11:45:12 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 09, 2016, 11:16:18 AM
What's likely to happen?

Hilarity ensues.

It's not real world, but r/TheDonald have been going into reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/ and telling people upset by the election to kill themselves.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-09/shooting-near-california-polling-station-kills-man,-injures-two/8008466

QuoteA gunman armed with an assault rifle has killed a man and critically wounded two women in a California neighbourhood near two polling sites, before the attacker was found dead inside a nearby home, authorities say.

Seems to be unrelated to election, just a proximity thing. Still, not looking good.

On the plus side, if you enjoyed stupid quotes/actions from GW, Bush we're going to be treated to a sequel with added lunacy.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.