News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2017, 12:53:26 AM
Well, here's some dirt.  This dossier alleges full cooperation between Trump and the Russian regime, golden showers and other fun stuff.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984/Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.pdf

Weird.  On drive home Monday, I noticed three licence plates referencing water-sports.  Suppose that makes sense now...  Watersports and licence plates... 

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2017, 02:30:20 PM
Yeah, people are focusing way too much on the watersports thing.

They should be focusing on the claim that the Trump campaign had sustained, purposeful contact with the Russian government at the highest levels.  That's the meat, and if it's true...

Does the mainstream GOP still hate him? Maybe he'll be impeached, or even jailed for treason (well, one can hope)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

For the most part, they've bent the knee.  How much of it is rank opportunism is anyone's guess, but I wouldn't hold my breath for impeachment unless the Dems take back Congress (and even then, I wouldn't place money on it).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 11, 2017, 03:38:48 PM
The current Weird Times are no place to be caught desperately clinging to the moral high ground.

This.  Right here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev Thwack on January 11, 2017, 04:42:14 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2017, 03:02:45 PM
Putin/Trump presidency vice presidency? Would that be Preferable to Pence?

Depends on your definition of better. A Pence presidency would be an assault on the 1st Amendment via his attempts at instituting a theocracy. Trump has been attacking the 1st via press/speech, as well as the 4th, 5th, 8th, and 14th, as well as his cabinet nominations generally being people who want to destroy their department, or are corrupt as hell.

Is is better to have an administration that wants to watch the system burn, or one that's throwing gasoline on the fire while whistling?

Pence is a dominionist.  That's all I need to know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 11, 2017, 01:14:01 PM
Wow, I really must be a SJW.  My first thought wasn't about the GOP hypocrisy, it was about how liberals on FB took so quickly and easily to moralistic kink-shaming.

Trump is a despicable man for many reasons, but enjoying piss play really isn't one of them.

Yeah, I can't bring myself to give a single fuck about that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2017, 02:30:20 PM
Yeah, people are focusing way too much on the watersports thing.

They should be focusing on the claim that the Trump campaign had sustained, purposeful contact with the Russian government at the highest levels.  That's the meat, and if it's true...

If it's true, it's serious as fuck.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 11, 2017, 03:36:49 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 11, 2017, 01:14:01 PM
Wow, I really must be a SJW.  My first thought wasn't about the GOP hypocrisy, it was about how liberals on FB took so quickly and easily to moralistic kink-shaming.

Trump is a despicable man for many reasons, but enjoying piss play really isn't one of them.

I agree in principle, but any ammo will do. And if that ammo happens to be the kind of thing that his own supporters moralize against so much the better. Trying to convince like-minded people not to support him is a waste of time, the real value is in turning his own base against him.

His base has a long and storied history of forgiving or ignoring sexual transgressions on the part of its own, while continuing to attack Democrats for theirs.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 11, 2017, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: Rev Thwack on January 11, 2017, 04:42:14 PM
Quote from: Faust on January 11, 2017, 03:02:45 PM
Putin/Trump presidency vice presidency? Would that be Preferable to Pence?

Depends on your definition of better. A Pence presidency would be an assault on the 1st Amendment via his attempts at instituting a theocracy. Trump has been attacking the 1st via press/speech, as well as the 4th, 5th, 8th, and 14th, as well as his cabinet nominations generally being people who want to destroy their department, or are corrupt as hell.

Is is better to have an administration that wants to watch the system burn, or one that's throwing gasoline on the fire while whistling?

Pence is a dominionist.  That's all I need to know.

So they're both sellouts to foreign powers
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bu🤠ns

Cain

Oh yeah, he's basically a postmodern traditionalist with a bit of chaos magic and a lot of fascism thrown into the mix.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 12, 2017, 03:00:01 PM
a postmodern traditionalist with a bit of chaos magic and a lot of fascism thrown into the mix.

That's a lot of words strung together.

Sorry, best I can do.  Colonel Observation, reporting.

Cain

That is, unfortunately, the way of Dugin.  Postmodernism by arguing there are no essential truths, but civilization specific (ie; Russian) truths, traditionalist in his support for the Orthodox Church, chaos magic in terms of his aesthetics and, well, I think we covered the fascist angle well enough.