News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 17, 2020, 06:30:31 PM
Quote from: PoFP on August 17, 2020, 03:50:33 PM
So, all the lefties I know that were the most adamantly anti-Trump have fallen into the "I'm comfortable with Trump's victory from a 3rd Party vote split" bandwagon. I can also trace this collective shift in mentality directly to the activity shifts of several influential "Leftist" Social Media Accounts from anti-Trump rhetoric to anti-Biden/Harris rhetoric. Essentially, all of the people who I thought saw the bigger picture went full fucking retard, and I've lost hope in this election. This is going exactly like last election, except instead of everyone's "Protest Vote" going to Trump, it's being re-directed to Third Parties that won't win.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of shift as well in their circles? I'm hoping it's just my friends that have been huffing too much gasoline.

Seeing it all over the place.  I need better friends.

Humans are stupid, and should go stand by the stairs.

I think what I hate the most about these tards is that they think they can ignore Political Strategy because it feels dirty, and still achieve their goals. Meanwhile, all of us employing strategy and actually fighting the good fight will make progress, get a Third Party into Congress from the State and Local levels, and make their Third Party or Bust platform possible, only for them to take credit at the end because they were voting 3rd Party the whole time.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Q. G. Pennyworth

not super on topic, but if you are a third party person and you AREN'T fighting your ass off for Ranked Choice Voting you're less useful than shit scraped off a shoe. It's on the ballot in Massachusetts this year, don't fuck this up.

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 25, 2020, 01:24:06 AM
not super on topic, but if you are a third party person and you AREN'T fighting your ass off for Ranked Choice Voting you're less useful than shit scraped off a shoe. It's on the ballot in Massachusetts this year, don't fuck this up.

I feel dumb for not even knowing about Ranked Choice Voting, and now wonder why the fuck this wasn't the default...  :argh!:

Unrelated:

I now see the same "Third Party or Bust" folks on the Left buying into Richard Spencer's "Pro Biden" positioning, and using that as further justification to not vote Biden.

White Supremacists communicate in secret and have for years, so anything they say in the Open is automatically suspect. You can see fans in the comments of his Tweets acknowledging the intent of the message, and if you happen to follow Breitbart et al to analyze their Propaganda and how it's received by Alt-Tards, it's very clear that White Supremacists are:

- Getting off on the violent response to protests and riots
- Gearing up for war
- In UNANIMOUS SUPPORT for Donald Trump and his Accelerationist Lackeys like Bannon

And even if Richard Spencer happens to actually dislike Trump (I've heard the arguments proposed justifying his disapproval of Trump, and I'm not yet convinced.), that doesn't mean that the other White Supremacists agree, or that Richard Spencer isn't just jealous because Bannon and Trump found a way to steal Spencer's supporters and weave them into a larger, more establishment-oriented White Nationalist movement for their own gain.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PoFP on August 25, 2020, 03:57:03 PM

I now see the same "Third Party or Bust" folks on the Left buying into Richard Spencer's "Pro Biden" positioning, and using that as further justification to not vote Biden.

I think everyone knows the TPOB crowd was always gonna be that crowd.  I have seen a couple of dumbasses using this to posture, but they were never going to vote to remove Trump in the first place.
Molon Lube

POFP

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 25, 2020, 04:03:46 PM

I think everyone knows the TPOB crowd was always gonna be that crowd.  I have seen a couple of dumbasses using this to posture, but they were never going to vote to remove Trump in the first place.

Unfortunately, most of the people I see falling for this shit are getting it from Accelerationist Facebook pages pretending to be Left, and they were absolutely going to vote Trump out until they started getting this bullshit in their feed.

Fox News and Breitbart have been releasing Anti-Biden messages about him not being Left enough (Or in a sense, being too "Right" even for them.) since June and July, and these arguments have now been regurgitated in shortened Twitter format and shared across all these "GUILLOTINES ARE THE ONLY WAY FORWARD" Pages as if they are arguments coming from the Far-Left. I knew it was only a matter of time until one of them shared Richard Spencer bullshit. They seemed to think that an "oppositional" Caption would justify giving his signal a medium.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PoFP on August 25, 2020, 04:20:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 25, 2020, 04:03:46 PM

Unfortunately, most of the people I see falling for this shit are getting it from Accelerationist Facebook pages pretending to be Left, and they were absolutely going to vote Trump out until they started getting this bullshit in their feed.

Fox News and Breitbart have been releasing Anti-Biden messages about him not being Left enough (Or in a sense, being too "Right" even for them.) since June and July, and these arguments have now been regurgitated in shortened Twitter format and shared across all these "GUILLOTINES ARE THE ONLY WAY FORWARD" Pages as if they are arguments coming from the Far-Left. I knew it was only a matter of time until one of them shared Richard Spencer bullshit. They seemed to think that an "oppositional" Caption would justify giving his signal a medium.

I am seeing more "We can't make it perfect this year so let it all burn" accelerationism, as if government was a destination and not a process.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I have to rage-close facebook every time I see a "hurr durr joe biden is senile and incompetent" meme from progressives

Do I think he should be immune to criticism? no, not at all. But calling him senile won't result in moving him left or affecting his policies. All it does is decrease people's likelihood of voting for him.  Plus, by the numbers, the public has a lower view of Trump's mental health than Biden's. I don't know why we need to even that out.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on August 25, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
I have to rage-close facebook every time I see a "hurr durr joe biden is senile and incompetent" meme from progressives

Do I think he should be immune to criticism? no, not at all. But calling him senile won't result in moving him left or affecting his policies. All it does is decrease people's likelihood of voting for him.  Plus, by the numbers, the public has a lower view of Trump's mental health than Biden's. I don't know why we need to even that out.

A good chunk of the left is functionally identical to the MAGA freaks, these days.

Populism is never pretty.
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on August 26, 2020, 05:19:33 PM
What does populism mean in this context?

Quotea political approach that strives to appeal to ordinary people who feel that their concerns are disregarded by established elite groups.

It usually also involves a stinking heap of personality cult.

"Only Trump/Bernie/Howie can save us."
Molon Lube

Elder Iptuous

Ok.
That seems standard.
And of course it seems almost inevitable that it will have some personality that acts as a nucleation point for the bubbling up of action.
We definitely have a super saturated society with a mentos at the helm.

minuspace

Quotereasons are not what wins over such powder kegs.
—The Gay Science, §1.38