News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Bernie's delegates are absolutely freaking out at his speech right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Nate Silver now saying if the election was today, Trump would win.  And he's the least doom-y of anyone right now.

I told you so.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 25, 2016, 07:30:09 PM
Nate Silver now saying if the election was today, Trump would win.  And he's the least doom-y of anyone right now.

I told you so.

Post-convention bump right now, polls mean nothing until the DNC's finished.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 25, 2016, 07:39:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 25, 2016, 07:30:09 PM

I told you so.

Post-convention bump right now, polls mean nothing until the DNC's finished.

DNC is devouring itself.  DNC is sinking into the swamp.  It's all over.  Abandon ship.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 25, 2016, 06:02:58 PM
So, more than Mario Batali or Alain Ducasse, but less than Gordon Ramsay, Rachael Ray, Wolfgang Puck, and Paula Deen.

Sorry, didn't know what else to compare him to except TV chefs, I am kind of out of the reality-tv loop.

Fair enough comparison. It turns out I really have no idea how much money is floating around TV. At least it's not likely to survive in this fashion in another 10-15 years.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Bernie Bros are booing Michelle Obama.

They can kiss my entire ass until it blisters up.

The Good Reverend Roger

And warren.  And they shouted "Black Lives Matter" over Booker while he was trying to speak.

Oddly enough, he is Black and they are almost without exception white.

The Good Reverend Roger

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd they ate Sanders alive.   :lulz:

I think they were waiting for him to say "write me in in November!"

Bruno

At this point, I'm thinking about writing in Ralph Nader in the hopes that that somehow will magically cause G.W. Bush to be president again.

Because, hey, when you're falling off a cliff, WHY NOT flap your arms? Maybe you WILL fly!

HAHAHAH! BIKAW!! HAHAHAHA!!!! BIKAW!! BIKAW!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Formerly something else...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Emo Howard on July 26, 2016, 04:30:46 AM
BIKAW!! HAHAHAHA!!!! BIKAW!! BIKAW!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size]

The official slogan of the Post-American Century™.   :lulz:

Bruno

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2016, 05:10:57 AM
Quote from: Emo Howard on July 26, 2016, 04:30:46 AM
BIKAW!! HAHAHAHA!!!! BIKAW!! BIKAW!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!![/b][/size]

The official slogan of the Post-American Century™.   :lulz:

Hey! Maybe it won't be so bad! Just think of the possibilities!

I mean, can you Imagine? We could have CHIEF JUSTICE BAIO! Nobody would be doubting whether or not Charles was really in charge THEN, huh?

AMIRITE!!!??!?!!?!
Formerly something else...

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 25, 2016, 05:57:26 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 25, 2016, 12:38:53 PM
Also, suspect this is the first article in question:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/donald-trumps-most-enduring--and-unbefitting--trait/2016/07/15/f5684848-488b-11e6-acbc-4d4870a079da_story.html

QuotePlenty of financial and real estate players got carried away in the go-go 1980s. But Trump was in a class by himself.

He ended up presiding over six — count 'em, six — bankruptcies because he kept making business decisions with his gut rather than with his brain.

Edit to add:
Quote"The Apprentice" was a pivotal event for Trump. It made him into a truly national figure, and he says the show paid him more than $200 million during its run.

Even in the strange world of TV payments and salaries, this seems like an extraordinary sum. The most likely explanations here are either lying, mentally ill or he's actually been paid this amount. With his past, I'm leaning to two of the three.

That's about $140k per episode, or $14m/year for the 14 years it ran.

It seriously ran 14 years!?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 26, 2016, 04:22:51 AM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd they ate Sanders alive.   :lulz:

I think they were waiting for him to say "write me in in November!"

Want to take a bet on when the first actual cannibalisation of a candidate occurs? I'm thinking something along the lines of the ending scene from Perfume within the next couple of cycles.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

In case anyone feels like making some memes, here's a bunch of photos of Sanders supporters wailing and gnashing their teeth at the DNC.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/07/26/photos_of_angry_sad_horrified_bernie_sanders_supporters.html