News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Xaz on September 13, 2016, 05:09:02 PM
Please go easy on the crowbars  :sad:

Then you won't learn.

All prophets have to go through this.  Hell, I had to do it to MYSELF back in the old days.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Speaking of prophecy, it was exactly a year ago today I said Trump would get the nomination.

LMNO

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 07:52:22 PM
Speaking of prophecy, it was exactly a year ago today I said Trump would get the nomination.

Please explain to Xaz how that feels.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 11:02:39 AM
BTW, just thought I should mention Tila Tequila, she of minor fame before she had brain damage and started to worship Hitler and worry about the Illuminati, is going to be a keynote speaker at an alt-right conference.

Yes, you've read right: the alt-right is politically compatible with the kind of paranoid, racist nonsense one spews due to literal brain damage.
Amd she's not just crazy but also ignorant.

She was quoted as saying "You know what will help Asians earn respect? An Asian version of Adolf Hitler..." which was already a thing (Tojo, Hirohito, etc) concurrently with the original Hitler

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 09:14:10 PM
A multitude of crowbars at extreme velocity.

If it's any consolation, the next 4 shirty years are on xaz.

Whose fee is still overdue.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I saw the Donald rising out of the sea and on its head were seven toupees, and the Donald was wounded in the brain and was given a mouth speaking proud words and platitudes, but the people worshipped the Donald saying, "Who is like the Donald? Who can stand against it?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 13, 2016, 11:31:53 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 09:14:10 PM
A multitude of crowbars at extreme velocity.

If it's any consolation, the next 4 shirty years are on xaz.

Whose fee is still overdue.

Guess we gotta break out the pink glove.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Just sitting back and watching actual Nazis hoot and holler across the country.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 11:02:39 AM
BTW, just thought I should mention Tila Tequila, she of minor fame before she had brain damage and started to worship Hitler and worry about the Illuminati, is going to be a keynote speaker at an alt-right conference.

Yes, you've read right: the alt-right is politically compatible with the kind of paranoid, racist nonsense one spews due to literal brain damage.

WAT

Tila Tequila, who got trash thrown on her at the Gathering of the Juggalos until she left the stage, because even Juggalos find her racist homophobic garbage intolerable?

Perfect fit for Donald Trump!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It never occurred to me before now, but I bet Clinton is getting the Juggalo vote.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Xaz on September 13, 2016, 02:53:35 PM
Good job Hillary's campaign is focussing on the important issues

I mean, fair enough pointing out the links between Trump and white supremacy but that article doesn't really hit any salient points. It ends too soon before actually drawing conclusions.

Also I don't like the way the large, bolded headlines feel like they're presupposing what the reader should be thinking.

It is interesting to see how the Trump campaign has successfully embraced memes from various online forums (You can't stump the Trump etc.) How are they able to do this so successfully? Is it because the memes are 'custom-made' (by those nefarious Russian trolls) or are they taken and reimagined as the above link claims.. or are they just better at interacting and harnessing the chaotic output of the internet?

When people finally get sick of the term 'alt-right' I will be glad.

Yeah, I mean, racism isn't really important or culturally relevant or historically relevant or a major issue right now. Pssssshhht why are they wasting their time?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2016, 07:52:22 PM

I am pretty sure I laughed, blew it off, and my mind immediately blocked out the horror of such a possibility. Why, that's impossible. It could never happen here...

:lol: