News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

If they are tools Clinton is a screwdriver and Trump is a nailgun with accuracy issues.  Clinton is a better tool for the opressors, but she also results in less holes in people that don't belong there.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2016, 05:53:21 AM
I am noticing a similarity between die hard berners and spousal abusers.

"I will never vote for Clinton, but if you don't kiss my ass, I won't vote for Clinton."

I am brain-farting and unable to remember the term for this sort of statement.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Cain

For the sake of reference

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-supporters-neo-nazis-white-nationalists-kkk-militias-racism-hate

QuoteWith his many appeals to nativism, bigotry, and bitter discontent, Donald Trump has enthralled far-right extremists with his campaign for president. According to an investigation by Mother Jones and the Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute, since Trump officially announced his bid in June 2015 he has drawn effusive praise and formal backing from some of the country's most virulent neo-Nazis, white supremacists, militia supporters, and other extremist leaders. They include the head of the American Nazi Party, three former Ku Klux Klansmen, four people involved in a recent armed standoff against federal authorities at an Oregon wildlife refuge, and at least 15 individuals affiliated with organizations described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as hate groups.

Trump has disavowed none of them.

Article goes on to quote actual endorsements from many of the leading lights of the far-right.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on September 21, 2016, 06:54:25 AM
If they are tools Clinton is a screwdriver and Trump is a nailgun with accuracy issues.  Clinton is a better tool for the opressors, but she also results in less holes in people that don't belong there.

I am having problems with this whole "Clinton is an oppressor" thing.

She is offering us what we have traditionally asked for. 

Trump is a Nazi on bath salts.

There really isn't a comparison at all.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

I think what Pergamos is trying to say is Clinton is a better tool for keeping the status quo as it is, with all that entails.  Just with some weird wording "oppressors" = ruling class/status quo individuals and groups).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2016, 09:59:48 PM
I think what Pergamos is trying to say is Clinton is a better tool for keeping the status quo as it is, with all that entails.  Just with some weird wording "oppressors" = ruling class/status quo individuals and groups).

Thing is, I am opposed to rapid changes to the status quo, because Boris Johnson.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2016, 10:25:48 PM

Thing is, I am opposed to rapid changes to the status quo, because Boris Johnson.

Ditto. I've gotten to the point that when I read someone's "vote me for" spiel and it goes on about "changing or fighting the status quo" my eye's glaze over.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on September 21, 2016, 11:04:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 21, 2016, 10:25:48 PM

Ditto. I've gotten to the point that when I read someone's "vote me for" spiel and it goes on about "changing or fighting the status quo" my eye's glaze over.

Then I urinate on their fans.  As you just saw.

:lulz:

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on September 21, 2016, 01:19:24 AM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 20, 2016, 06:05:12 PM
Cain, can I get some perspective on this shit? http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/emails-show-clinton-foundation-donor-reached-out-hillary-clinton-arms-export-boost

QuoteEmails just released by the State Department appear to show Clinton Foundation officials brokering a meeting between then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a top military leader of Bahrain — a Middle Eastern country that is a major foundation donor. Soon after the correspondence about a meeting, Clinton's State Department significantly increased arms export authorizations to the country's autocratic government, even as that nation moved to crush pro-democracy protests.

I'm still not gonna stop supporting Hillary, because the alternative is unthinkable, but this seems really bad.

US has been selling significant levels of arms to Bahrain for years.  The Fifth Fleet is also positioned there, poised to strike against Iran if there is ever anything approaching a reason.  I don't like it much, but Bahrain, it's strategic naval position and its not inconsiderable financial sector are of key interest to the Americans.  The House of Khalifa will not be allowed to fall.

I blame the anti-imperialist sentiment in this country (and the world). It's because of that that we have to rely on shitty puppets like house khalifa, house saud, and the nation of israel instead of just taking over these places and making them territories (even if we had to divide them up with the other significant powers to keep the peace)
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

That may just be the stupidest thing I've seen written on this forum, and I'm including Kaienne's "J is my personal pronoun" in that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 22, 2016, 08:05:09 PM
That may just be the stupidest thing I've seen written on this forum, and I'm including Kaienne's "J is my personal pronoun" in that.

I've given up on Shandor completely. I initially thought that he could learn, but he's been going backward ever since he joined and the level of stupid he generates just keeps amplifying.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 22, 2016, 03:03:24 PM
Cain, can I get some perspective on this shit? http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/emails-show-clinton-foundation-donor-reached-out-hillary-clinton-arms-export-boost

QuoteEmails just released by the State Department appear to show Clinton Foundation officials brokering a meeting between then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a top military leader of Bahrain — a Middle Eastern country that is a major foundation donor. Soon after the correspondence about a meeting, Clinton's State Department significantly increased arms export authorizations to the country's autocratic government, even as that nation moved to crush pro-democracy protests.

I'm still not gonna stop supporting Hillary, because the alternative is unthinkable, but this seems really bad.

US has been selling significant levels of arms to Bahrain for years.  The Fifth Fleet is also positioned there, poised to strike against Iran if there is ever anything approaching a reason.  I don't like it much, but Bahrain, it's strategic naval position and its not inconsiderable financial sector are of key interest to the Americans.  The House of Khalifa will not be allowed to fall.

I blame the anti-imperialist sentiment in this country (and the world). It's because of that that we have to rely on shitty puppets like house khalifa, house saud, and the nation of israel instead of just taking over these places and making them territories (even if we had to divide them up with the other significant powers to keep the peace)

Yes.  Because adding very unstable areas to our already unstable interior is fucking brilliant and we should do that.

You should get a fucking Nobel Prize or some shit.  Do they give one for being a fucking idiot?

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on September 22, 2016, 03:03:24 PM

I don't even have a clever retort, you're just a complete fucking idiot.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Cain