News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

On account of the shit-talking and general hissy fits of the partisans of Sanders & Clinton.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

I'm inclined to agree, though I'd like to see Sanders get a shot the infighting really could screw the pooch.

I just don't want to think about who that might leave as winner from among the Republicans.

I really hope it's not Walker. He set my state back decades. Actually managed to reverse many long established labor rights, and funding for education is down the shitter too. I suspect that the "bomb threat" called in to the state capital was a move to prevent real debate on a budget defunding of our open access to information laws, but info on the investigation has been hard to find.  :x
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sanders seems cool, but some of his supporters make me want to vote for a Romney.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 04, 2015, 01:33:19 AM
Sanders seems cool, but some of his supporters make me want to vote for a Romney.

Pretty much.  It's like watching Palin voters in 2008. 

The rule of thumb is that anyone who refers to him as "Bernie" is an assbucket.  Pretty sure the proper way to say his name is "Senator Sanders".
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 04, 2015, 01:38:41 AM

The rule of thumb is that anyone who refers to him as "Bernie" is an assbucket.  Pretty sure the proper way to say his name is "Senator Sanders".

Right? HE'S NOT YOUR GODDAMNED DRINKING BUDDY.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Reddit is supporting Sanders in the same way they supported Ron Paul in 2008.  Ie; with cult-like adoration and general creepiness.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 04, 2015, 02:38:08 AM
Reddit is supporting Sanders in the same way they supported Ron Paul in 2008.  Ie; with cult-like adoration and general creepiness.

That seems to be the majority of his vocal supporters.
Molon Lube

President Television

It did occur to me half a month ago that Sanders just might be the Ron Paul of the left. It was a pretty dismaying realization.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doesn't he prefer "Bernie?" All of his official stuff uses it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: President Television on August 04, 2015, 02:51:32 AM

It did occur to me half a month ago that Sanders just might be the Ron Paul of the left. It was a pretty dismaying realization.

Amazingly enough, one of Hillary's senator pals just called him exactly that.

The shit is now flinging both ways.  Eat popcorn, watch the clown car take over America.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 04, 2015, 02:55:16 AM

There's a direct correlation between the use of the name "Bernie" and the apparent desire to alienate everyone who isn't already a fanatic.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 04, 2015, 02:55:16 AM

There's a huge difference between, say, your doctor using her first name, and random strangers addressing her by her first name at a professional conference where she's talking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Like, one of my closest friends prefers Annie. But people who don't know her personally address her as Dr. Frank, because that's how you do.

Doktor Howl

Using a first name or nickname is very bad strategy.  Ask Ron Paul, Ed Muskie, or "Howie" Dean.

In fact, the last politician to get away with it was Ike, and he could have shat on the podium and been elected.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The reason for this is that it makes your base look like groupies, so nobody else takes you seriously.
Molon Lube