News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Trump's building an audience for his booksales and self-help "business strategy" seminars too.  Not that he needs the money or anything, mind you.

I'm fairly sure Trump just loves the sound of his own voice, and doesn't especially care if he gets to hear it from the White House, or from some podium somewhere.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 06, 2015, 07:21:47 AM
Trump's building an audience for his booksales and self-help "business strategy" seminars too.  Not that he needs the money or anything, mind you.

I'm fairly sure Trump just loves the sound of his own voice, and doesn't especially care if he gets to hear it from the White House, or from some podium somewhere.

He's a narcissist who earnestly believes that all the proof he needs that he's smarter and better than everyone else is his net worth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on August 06, 2015, 06:33:24 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 05, 2015, 11:58:08 PM
Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on August 05, 2015, 02:51:36 PM
I sure hope the fact that Sanders is the Tumblr favorite right now doesn't wipe him out.

What's going to wipe him out is that he's using the tactics that get you elected "senator from Vermont" to run for "president of the United States".

And Trump is using the tactic of being a comic book villain to run for the same title.

It's just the Palin Effect.  The candidate will of course be Jeb Bush.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Sanders is finished.  I'm moving his odds from 3:1 against in the betting book to 10:1 against.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Watching his Portland appearance. 

He's doing well.  But I still think it's too late.  20,000 people are there, 9000 watching on Youtube.

The whole country, OTOH, saw him getting punked.
Molon Lube

Cain

"If Sanders can't stand up to some crazy-ass offshoot of BlackLivesMatter, how can he stand up to Putin?  When the 3am call comes, will Sanders just give the stage over to ISIS?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2015, 04:42:48 AM
"If Sanders can't stand up to some crazy-ass offshoot of BlackLivesMatter, how can he stand up to Putin?  When the 3am call comes, will Sanders just give the stage over to ISIS?"

Interesting stuff:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/08/blm-activist-who-shut-down-sanders-is-radical-christian-sarah-palin-supporter/

If it gains any traction, I'll have to re-revise the odds.  Some.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 10, 2015, 04:52:58 AM

Interesting stuff:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/08/blm-activist-who-shut-down-sanders-is-radical-christian-sarah-palin-supporter/

The site seems to be down. Interesting.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

President Television

Quote from: MMIX on August 10, 2015, 10:22:51 AM

Interesting stuff:

The site seems to be down. Interesting.

It works just fine for me. But then, I am a filthy Canadian.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

MMIX

Quote from: President Television on August 10, 2015, 02:02:00 PM
It works just fine for me. But then, I am a filthy Canadian.
Yeah, its working for me now, too. Still think it interesting that it was down earlier.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Edward Longpork

Helpful graphic of Sanders' position on civil rights and racial justice:

Cain

Interesting stuff:

Hmmm.  I do know BLM basically disavowed the Seattle protestors, and no surprise why (pro-tip: attacking the politician most receptive to your message and his supporters will probably not help matters).

However, this once again shows the limits of hashtag activism, that any idiot can set up a local movement, affiliate it with your own, and infect it with their own dumbassery.  If BLM had a centralized organization, a press office, PR manager etc...the first thing any journalist with a lick of sense would do would be to contact them and say "these idiots say they're your idiots.  Do you own these idiots?"  And then can turn around and say "no they're free-range, organic idiots" and everyone can go back to what they were doing before.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2015, 03:59:32 PM

Interesting stuff:

Hmmm.  I do know BLM basically disavowed the Seattle protestors, and no surprise why (pro-tip: attacking the politician most receptive to your message and his supporters will probably not help matters).

However, this once again shows the limits of hashtag activism, that any idiot can set up a local movement, affiliate it with your own, and infect it with their own dumbassery.  If BLM had a centralized organization, a press office, PR manager etc...the first thing any journalist with a lick of sense would do would be to contact them and say "these idiots say they're your idiots.  Do you own these idiots?"  And then can turn around and say "no they're free-range, organic idiots" and everyone can go back to what they were doing before.

No, they didn't. Did you see the press release? Or the results of the protest? And the claims that one of the protesters is a Palin supporter are bullshit, too. Christian? SURPRISE! A Black Christian woman who is passionate about black lives? GO FIGURE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."