News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

I know they are bad people,  I just figure so are most of the other people who have influence in politics.

LMNO

Cain

Quote from: Pergamos on February 04, 2016, 05:58:05 AM
I know they are bad people,  I just figure so are most of the other people who have influence in politics.

Most of the other people who also have influence in politics generally don't blow up judges:

As bad as Goldman Sachs/the Koch Brothers/insurance companies may be, they tend to draw the line at causing actual direct physical harm to people.  The Mafia, on the other hand, it's sort of a defining feature.

minuspace

Why focus on a stand-up individual like Falcone when you can take-out an entire country instead?  I mean, he gets all that TNT while the average Iraqi citizen only got 40lbs dropped on him.  It's just not fair. :horrormirth:

Cain

minuspace

Like this perhaps?
Quotepossible explanation for the failure to crush the rebellion was offered by author Carlos Alberto Montaner: "Batista does not finish Fidel out of greed ... His is a government of thieves. To have this small guerrilla band in the mountains is to his advantage, so that he can order special defense expenditures that they can steal."[21] Batista's rule became increasingly unpopular among the population, and the Soviet Union began to secretly support Castro.[62] However, some of Batista's generals also criticized him in later years, saying that Batista's excessive interference in his generals' military plans to defeat the rebels hampered Army morale and rendered all operations ineffective.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

70,000+ people, given the chance, really thought Trump was the best choice for President?  Urgh.

rong

Am I the only one that noticed Mr. Bungle's "Carousel" being played as background music on Fox News yesterday?  It was around 5:30 Eastern Time or so . . .   

I'll say that again - Mr. Bungle!  on Fox News???!!!
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 04:26:56 AM
70,000+ people, given the chance, really thought Trump was the best choice for President?  Urgh.

92,417  total votes as of the time of this posting, with 89% of precincts reporting. So, the number is going to climb even higher.

Unfortunately, this cartoon sums up the Republican field all too well:

I'm an independent, or as my voters registration card reads: Unaffiliated (With any political party)

Believe it or not, Trump is not the worst choice in the GOP field. For instance, two of the other Republican candidates are quite possibly sociopaths, Jeb Bush is at least as dumb as his brother, and Marco 'Roboto' is nothing more than a pretty boy with a good memory.

After forcing myself to watch the entire 1st Republican Presidential Debate, the only candidate I had any respect for whatsoever was John Kasich.

After watching about half an hour of the 1st Democratic Presidential Debate, I had already decided I would vote for any Democrat that won their party's nomination over any Republican candidate. 

I'm not thrilled with either one of the remaining Democratic candidates. But, either one of them will be the lesser of two evils come General Election Day. I do not want the GOP to have control of the White House.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Cain

I'm pretty sure he is the worst choice in the field.  Many of the others, Kaisch aside, are pretty bad, but Trump's the only one with a significant Neo-Nazi support base.  If he even only wins the nomination, it paves the way for one of America's major political parties to become a proxy for actual fascism.  Don Black, David Duke, Jared Taylor...they'll all be players. Seats at the table.  "Community leaders".

Brother Mythos

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 03:31:33 PM
I'm pretty sure he is the worst choice in the field.  Many of the others, Kaisch aside, are pretty bad, but Trump's the only one with a significant Neo-Nazi support base.  If he even only wins the nomination, it paves the way for one of America's major political parties to become a proxy for actual fascism.  Don Black, David Duke, Jared Taylor...they'll all be players. Seats at the table.  "Community leaders".

Oh, the irony! Me, of all people, defending The Trumpster.

Please keep in mind, Trump is an actor who knows his audience. I believe this cartoon sums it up pretty well:

And, it's no accident that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be Trump's replacement on that reality TV show.

If and when Trump wins the Republican Party's nomination, watch how fast and how hard he pivots to the left. The Teabaggers will, of course, howl and cry foul when that happens, but they'll vote for Trump anyway, and The Trumpster knows it.

Those Neo-Nazi's and KKK types have always been lurking there in the shadows. They mostly faded from view along with George Wallace, but quickly coalesced again and morphed themselves into 'The Tea Party' within days of Obama's first inauguration. They talked in code and dog-whistles for a long time, but backed by the Koch brother's money, they grew into a force within the GOP that even the Koch's can no longer control. If it weren't for Trump, those Neo-Nazi's and KKK types would be backing Cruz. They just wouldn't be so open about showing their true colors.
Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm hoping that after Trump loses, he publicly points and laughs at his supporters. But he probably won't if he plans on running again, because this is a good gambit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 04:26:56 AM

If NH is any indication, and it's Sanders v Trump, I'm gonna laugh my balls off.

But we'll have to wait an see.  It ain't even started until Wisconsin.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace