Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 04:26:56 AM
70,000+ people, given the chance, really thought Trump was the best choice for President?  Urgh.

If NH is any indication, and it's Sanders v Trump, I'm gonna laugh my balls off.

But we'll have to wait an see.  It ain't even started until Wisconsin.

Yeah, I think Sanders was always forecast to do well in the early primaries, it's the later ones where things will get significantly tougher for him.

As for Trump...he's got a clear lead in South Carolina, and has done in every poll since last July.  Alabama is Trump, easily, with Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia looking similar.  Cruz has a home advantage in Texas, but even there he's only got a 5 point lead.  Trump's also leading the polls in Michigan and Florida at the moment.  Without some big shakeup, after Super Tuesday, Trump all but has the nomination.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 09:38:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 10, 2016, 08:47:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 10, 2016, 04:26:56 AM
70,000+ people, given the chance, really thought Trump was the best choice for President?  Urgh.

If NH is any indication, and it's Sanders v Trump, I'm gonna laugh my balls off.

But we'll have to wait an see.  It ain't even started until Wisconsin.

Yeah, I think Sanders was always forecast to do well in the early primaries, it's the later ones where things will get significantly tougher for him.

As for Trump...he's got a clear lead in South Carolina, and has done in every poll since last July.  Alabama is Trump, easily, with Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia looking similar.  Cruz has a home advantage in Texas, but even there he's only got a 5 point lead.  Trump's also leading the polls in Michigan and Florida at the moment.  Without some big shakeup, after Super Tuesday, Trump all but has the nomination.

Meh.  Sanders won in New Hampshire, but then superdelegates happened so he's down 13-15 with two uncommitteds.

I told everyone ages ago that this was gonna be a machine election.

Trump may very well get the nomination (After all. McCain/Palin did).  He's far less scary than Cruz, anyway.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Reverend What's-His-Name?

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 10, 2016, 08:23:49 PM
I'm hoping that after Trump loses, he publicly points and laughs at his supporters. But he probably won't if he plans on running again, because this is a good gambit.

Calling it now, I think Trump wins.  The following 4 years will be absolutely hilarious.

Sung Low

A genuine question from someone still bemused by American politics. Is Trump serious, or just someone with enough money who thought 'run for president, it'll be a lark.'?

I reckon the second, but either way  :horrormirth:

The d key has chosen to absent itself

minuspace

/\Rt of the 7eal was on TV for a while.  I think it took me entirely too long to realize it was satire.

Cain

Quote from: Sung Low on February 13, 2016, 09:30:17 AM
A genuine question from someone still bemused by American politics. Is Trump serious, or just someone with enough money who thought 'run for president, it'll be a lark.'?

Sadly he appears to be serious.

You can tell the ones who aren't, because they're selling books and/or seminars.  Like Ben Carson.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

I think both
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 13, 2016, 05:44:48 PM

Sadly he appears to be serious.

You can tell the ones who aren't, because they're selling books and/or seminars.  Like Ben Carson.

For all practical purposes, the race is now Trump v Cruz on the GOP side.

The dems will still fuck this up.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

All hail President Trump.  The United States of Cuckmerica no more!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2016, 05:40:19 PM
All hail President Trump.  The United States of Cuckmerica no more!

Yep.  The dem party is well and truly split.

On the plus side, we just found out my kids are both legally dual citizens as well.  So I'm okay with this.

Cain

That means they're still more American than Cruz  :lulz:

The Dems should win, IMO.  Cruz can't rally the Neo-Nazis who otherwise believe the JOOOs run the Electoral College, and Trump can't rally anyone with skin darker than a mild tan.  Despite Dem infighting, I think most people will rally around the candidate regardless of who that is (Hillary).  However, I'm bracing for a spoiler event that gets everyone thinking with the reptilian parts of their brains.  There's plenty of contenders...a re-run of Paris in Europe or North America, the global economy shitting itself, China shitting itself and then the global economy, North Korea being North Korea, increasing violence in Syria....hell, could be a number of things.  Something that gets people going, "well, even if she was a senator and then SecState, we couldn't possibly have a liberal woman in charge during this time of crisis!"

And even if the Dems do win, the machine Trump has allowed to be built around his campaign will be in place.  Neo-Nazis will have a seat in Republican, national level politics and the next Trump will run a far better, more effective campaign. 

And then we'll all be in the shit. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2016, 05:56:57 PM

:lulz:

But if they don't like a Trump or Cruz presidency, they can go hang out with their cousins.

QuoteThe Dems should win, IMO.  Cruz can't rally the Neo-Nazis who otherwise believe the JOOOs run the Electoral College, and Trump can't rally anyone with skin darker than a mild tan.  Despite Dem infighting, I think most people will rally around the candidate regardless of who that is (Hillary).  However, I'm bracing for a spoiler event that gets everyone thinking with the reptilian parts of their brains.  There's plenty of contenders...a re-run of Paris in Europe or North America, the global economy shitting itself, China shitting itself and then the global economy, North Korea being North Korea, increasing violence in Syria....hell, could be a number of things.  Something that gets people going, "well, even if she was a senator and then SecState, we couldn't possibly have a liberal woman in charge during this time of crisis!"

And even if the Dems do win, the machine Trump has allowed to be built around his campaign will be in place.  Neo-Nazis will have a seat in Republican, national level politics and the next Trump will run a far better, more effective campaign. 

And then we'll all be in the shit.

Democrats don't like to vote, as a group (any midterm election can prove that), and I think that most people on both sides of the primary will use the opposition "stealing" the primary as an excuse to sit on their arses and then be able to say "I told you so" when one of the Nazi clowns win.

The Good Reverend Roger

It also occurs to me that I am really starting to hate both factions of dem voters.  If you're voting for Clinton, you're a "corporate stooge" and "same as the republicans."  If you're voting for Sanders, you're a "racist" and "have walked away from feminism", etc.

The vast majority of both groups (ie, anyone that says shit like the above) can suck the farts out of my ass.  They are too Goddamn stupid to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2016, 05:56:57 PM

The Dems should win, IMO.  Cruz can't rally the Neo-Nazis who otherwise believe the JOOOs run the Electoral College, and Trump can't rally anyone with skin darker than a mild tan.  Despite Dem infighting, I think most people will rally around the candidate regardless of who that is (Hillary).  However, I'm bracing for a spoiler event that gets everyone thinking with the reptilian parts of their brains.  There's plenty of contenders...a re-run of Paris in Europe or North America, the global economy shitting itself, China shitting itself and then the global economy, North Korea being North Korea, increasing violence in Syria....hell, could be a number of things.  Something that gets people going, "well, even if she was a senator and then SecState, we couldn't possibly have a liberal woman in charge during this time of crisis!"

Unless the crisis is over before the actual election. In which case, provided that it's handled either well and/or telegenically by the Obama administration it could greatly boost support for the Democrats.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago