News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

What's particularly amusing about this is that Sanders isn't exactly the darling of the BLM crowd.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Another thing:  I am a Sanders voter, but I will vote for whomever wins the democratic primary. I have had it up to HERE with utopian cunts who say they're staying home if Sanders loses the primary.

Seriously.  Clinton vs ACTUAL NAZIS.  THIS ISN'T CALCULUS.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Yeah, I saw that clown on your profile.  "Oh, but ze Clinton, she is zo HORRIBLE."

It's just like those idiots in the Reichstag, convinced their real enemies were the KPD and SPD.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 14, 2016, 12:38:47 AM
Yeah, I saw that clown on your profile.  "Oh, but ze Clinton, she is zo HORRIBLE."

It's just like those idiots in the Reichstag, convinced their real enemies were the KPD and SPD.

Pretty much.

"If I can't have Hindenburg, fuck it, I'm for that Hitler dude.  At least he's not the establishment."

Aucoq

Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2016, 05:00:37 PMTrump has threatened to send people to attack Sanders' rallies,

While I understand the "an eye for an eye" mentality, if Trump wanted to play it smart he should lay low and accept this gift that Bernie's supporters are trying to give him. Right now they're casting him in a sympathetic light, another victim of (from the conservative perspective) the left's "tolerance." I've noticed even my most diehard anti-Trump conservative friends have softened to Trump (at least slightly) over what happened in Chicago. He's the lesser of two evils.  But if he retaliates in kind then he'll lose that sympathetic light.

But a plan that hinges on Trump playing it smart is no plan at all.
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

Fortunately, Trump is more vindictive than smart.

Unfortunately, that probably wont prevent some idiots with guns turning up to a Sanders or BLM rally at some near point in the future.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aucoq on March 14, 2016, 04:16:25 AM
Quote from: Cain on March 13, 2016, 05:00:37 PMTrump has threatened to send people to attack Sanders' rallies,

While I understand the "an eye for an eye" mentality, if Trump wanted to play it smart he should lay low and accept this gift that Bernie's supporters are trying to give him.

Is there any evidence at all that the people showing up are Sanders supporters?

Cain

At least the bots support Hillary Clinton.  Sort of.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/comments/4aesip/john_cena_endorsed_hillary_claiming_that_hilary/

QuoteJohn Cena endorsed Hillary, claiming that Hilary is the only major candidate who did 9/11

rong

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 14, 2016, 05:23:48 PM

While I understand the "an eye for an eye" mentality, if Trump wanted to play it smart he should lay low and accept this gift that Bernie's supporters are trying to give him.

from what i hear a percentage of the protesters are carrying bernie sanders signs
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

Quote from: rong on March 15, 2016, 12:40:35 AM

from what i hear a percentage of the protesters are carrying bernie sanders signs

The Guardian has reported that is the case:

QuoteSigns in support of Sanders were visible around the protests in Chicago on Friday night, and the senator defended the protesters. "What our supporters are doing is responding to a candidate who has in fact in many ways encouraged violence," he said.

Of course, there's a big difference between that and what Trump is claiming.

rong

i think bernie is smart enough to realize that getting trump any media attention whatsoever will only help his cause and, therefore, has not been calling for protestors.

also - I've been watching Fox News non-stop for the last 4 months.  Ask me anything!
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

well, this is good and bad. 

Good, because they have the balls to scream at Nazis.

Bad, because Trump's goons will escalate this.

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Aucoq

MSNBC has an article on who organized the protests in Chicago and how they organized it, if you have some time to kill.

Quote from: Cain on March 15, 2016, 12:46:41 AM
Quote from: rong on March 15, 2016, 12:40:35 AM

The Guardian has reported that is the case:

QuoteSigns in support of Sanders were visible around the protests in Chicago on Friday night, and the senator defended the protesters. "What our supporters are doing is responding to a candidate who has in fact in many ways encouraged violence," he said.

Of course, there's a big difference between that and what Trump is claiming.

I think I prefer Trump's version of reality, that Bernie is a shadowy puppet master ordering his brownshirts to do his bidding, just because it's such a hilarious idea.  I mean we're talking about Bernie fucking Sanders here, a man with the aggressive nature of a teddy bear.  What would that scenario look like?  "Listen, my friends.  Okay.  I want you to take these government subsidized baseball bats, okay?  Go to Trump's rally and break up his supporters' kneecaps like I'm going to break up these big banks once elected!  And don't hold back, okay?  Remember that once I'm elected they'll get free healthcare so go to town on them like I'll go to town on Wall Street!"
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cain

Apparently, Trump supporters believe George Soros is the mastermind behind the "attacks" on their rallies.  Because what's better than accusing one Jewish person of organising a shadowy conspiracy against you?  Accusing two of them!

Never mind that Soros supports Clinton, either.  JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!