News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Calling it now: Dems snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in 2016.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 04, 2015, 12:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Apparently some fuckery at the polls in Arizona.  Same as Florida.  "Only republicans vote today", and, "sorry, mister life-long democrat, we have you down as an independent".

Not enough that it would have made any difference to the end result, mind you, but it's still fuckery.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

So, you say "There is Florida-style fuckery afoot in Arizona", and you MEAN that the GOP is actively suppressing votes.  But the kneejerk reaction is that you're saying Clinton's mob is doing it.   So suddenly you're a fascist, a closet Trump voter, an idiot and whatever the hell else comes to mind.  I have now been told by both sides where I stand in the party, which is specifically "outside the tent, behind the porta-potties."

I've now had it with both factions of the democratic party.  I hate all of them.  Each and every bastard who brought us to this.  Fuck the lot of you, right in your ear hole.  I'd rather burn down the entire joint than associate with either side.

It turns out I agree with Nigel on one thing in this election.  My vote is not owed to anyone.  So nobody is going to get it.  I don't give a fuck WHO wins the primary,or what the consequences of a dem loss in Novemeber may bring.  Everyone can eat the peanuts outta my shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Even if you were saying Clinton was doing it...if there was evidence to support that, then what, you're just meant to keep your mouth shut and be a good little Dem, because Hillary is owed the entire Democratic vote or something?  Fuck that noise.

At this point, I think time may be better spent preparing for how to handle a Trump presidency. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2016, 07:46:47 PM
Even if you were saying Clinton was doing it...if there was evidence to support that, then what, you're just meant to keep your mouth shut and be a good little Dem, because Hillary is owed the entire Democratic vote or something?  Fuck that noise.

At this point, I think time may be better spent preparing for how to handle a Trump presidency.

I think time is better spent making popcorn and getting ready to yuk it up as we do what we seem to be compelled to do once a century or so.

Pergamos

Quote from: Junkenstein on March 23, 2016, 03:33:02 PM
More wins for Trump and Clinton.

At least the upcoming attack ads should be amusing.

Yesterday was not a win for Clinton,  she won a bigger state, but he got more delegates in total.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just hope to someday get to a point in the political process where the majority of voters aren't getting their political information from memes, tweets, and clickbait articles from US Uncut and Daily News Bin.

But that's unlikely, so I guess I'll just hide in a lab and try to understand the downstream effects of prenatal stress until climate change kills the oceans and starts a trophic cascade that culminates in the extinction of all mammals.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 23, 2016, 08:25:14 PM
I just hope to someday get to a point in the political process where the majority of voters aren't getting their political information from memes, tweets, and clickbait articles from US Uncut and Daily News Bin.

But that's unlikely, so I guess I'll just hide in a lab and try to understand the downstream effects of prenatal stress until climate change kills the oceans and starts a trophic cascade that culminates in the extinction of all mammals.

USUncut headline version of this post: "Hillary voters in favour of climate change, extinction of mammals!"

The Good Reverend Roger

That's going to happen anyway.  There is no set of political solutions that will have any bearing on that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on March 23, 2016, 08:31:20 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 23, 2016, 08:25:14 PM

USUncut headline version of this post: "Hillary voters in favour of climate change, extinction of mammals!"

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 23, 2016, 07:20:00 PM
So, you say "There is Florida-style fuckery afoot in Arizona", and you MEAN that the GOP is actively suppressing votes.  But the kneejerk reaction is that you're saying Clinton's mob is doing it.   So suddenly you're a fascist, a closet Trump voter, an idiot and whatever the hell else comes to mind.  I have now been told by both sides where I stand in the party, which is specifically "outside the tent, behind the porta-potties."

I've now had it with both factions of the democratic party.  I hate all of them.  Each and every bastard who brought us to this.  Fuck the lot of you, right in your ear hole.  I'd rather burn down the entire joint than associate with either side.

It turns out I agree with Nigel on one thing in this election.  My vote is not owed to anyone.  So nobody is going to get it.  I don't give a fuck WHO wins the primary,or what the consequences of a dem loss in Novemeber may bring.  Everyone can eat the peanuts outta my shit.

Kinda sorta sounding like a certain breed of trump supporter here. 

I think of a vote for trump like a vote for Walter Peck.  Sure, Egon and Venkman were tight when they said shutting off the containment would be extraordinarily bad.  But Peck was like, "Shut these off.  Shut these all off. .

But the thing is, without Peck, we never would've got the staypuft marshmallow man. 
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on March 24, 2016, 01:30:59 AM

Kinda sorta sounding like a certain breed of trump supporter here. 

Eat my entire ass, shitheels.

rong

That's not a very nice thing to say at all...  Unless, of course, your ass is delicious

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on March 24, 2016, 01:43:59 AM
That's not a very nice thing to say at all...  Unless, of course, your ass is delicious

My ass is like the filet mignon of rectums.

But you can take the Trump supporter comment and shove it up your oppositional-defiant ass, you fucked up little monkey.  I fucking hate you, in a non-humorous way.  Good night.

rong